Tree Frog Advice

Hello all. I’m new to the community and interested in getting my first frog. I really love tree frogs, and I’ve done research on a few. Black/red eye tree frogs have captured my heart so far, and I was hoping for some advice on housing, as well as reputable, captive breeders. In in the NY area and will be attending the Reptile Expo in White Plains next weekend, so if anyone knows of any vendors of tree frogs who might be there, please link me to their information!

Thanks in advance!
-f0x

I’m starting to setup an enclosure for red-eyed tree frogs myself. I have an 18x18x24 exo-terra and that would be good enough for 3-4 frogs. Have a lot of arboreal cover and climbing spots in the tank and make sure it is well-ventilated (having half of the screen-lid covered is a good starting point).
We can’t recommend sellers on the forums, but consider getting frogs shipped, if you are going to get multiple, you might save money by getting them CB online.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice! Is the 12x12x18 the recommended sizing for a single frog as well?

1 Like

12x12x18 would be the minimum for one frog, but going bigger would be ideal.

Perfect, thanks so much for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

I do have one more: in your experience, how much noise are the black eyed frogs likely to make?

1 Like

I’ve never kept them, but from what I’ve read they are usually quiet, and when they do make noise it’s usually a light clicking noise.

1 Like