TRN Reptiles - 2020 Breeding Season Log

Most of the babies are out now, and all look to be healthy. So far there looks to be 3.0 mystic and 2.1 butter mystic. Lots of boys in this clutch :joy:

4 Likes

All of the babies are out now! Healthy and robust little butt nuggets :grin:
We have:
3.1 mystic
2.1 butter mystic
The female butter mystic will be my holdback :heart:

6 Likes

Charlie finally laid her eggs, 4 in total as expected. 1 slug and 3 good eggs!

3 Likes

All of Butters’ clutch have shed out.

Not sure what happened to this girl though. One of the BEL males has the same injury. This didn’t show up until after I separated them and put them in their new tubs. They don’t have anything in there that would be sharp.

My only guess is that they’re trying to shove their head between the rack and the top of the tub, which is causing the injury to occur. I’m not sure how to stop them from doing that besides maybe offering hides. Any advice would be appreciated!

2 Likes

Gwen has laid her clutch, surprising me with 10 healthy eggs. She also took a rat almost immediately, even though I did not wipe her off. Something about spiders and their appetites :joy:

5 Likes

That’s a gorgeous spider, I love spiders!
And that’s so true lol, they have the best appetite for any morph from my experience.

Congratulations on the clutch, 10 eggs is a nice clutch!

1 Like

Charlie’s clutch has started pipping!

I cut them, and here’s the babies (and momma):

I want to say I have:

• pastel butter spider pinstripe
  • pastel spider
  • cinnamon pastel spider

But of course, I’ll wait until they come out and have shed before asking for more opinions on those identifications.

5 Likes

They’ve all came out of the egg! Here’s a shot outside, which shows their colors nicely. I absolutely love how one of them looks almost axanthic!

They were also big babies, two weighing in at 69 grams and one weighing in at 72 grams…

My updated ID list (extra opinions are always appreciated!)

• butter spider (male)
  • pastel butter spinner (female)
  • cinnamon pastel spider (female)

I’m keeping the two females, and I’ll be selling the male to my sister and her boyfriend.

6 Likes

Yay so happy that these are healthy…good job

1 Like

Very cool! Thanks for sharing all of this

2 Likes

A couple updates!

All three babies have shed out, and I’m in love with them! Gorgeous babies! Almost tempted to do the pairing again this next season… :joy:

Gwen’s clutch also started pipping!

So I went ahead and cut them! So far, only one of the babies came out, and it’s a little female spider. She was also the first to pip so I’m not surprised. And… she tried to shove herself back into an egg that was still occupied by a sibling :joy:

Here’s the whole clutch! I’ll post another update once they’re all out.
I’ll definitely need help identifying the yellowbelly, since I haven’t a clue on that.
Here’s for a long list of pictures :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

They’re all out! All 10 babies are healthy and curious as can be!

I split them into two tubs so they wouldn’t be overcrowded in one tub. All the bananas are male (unsurprisingly) while all the non-bananas are females. Perfect 50/50 odds clutch for the banana!

I haven’t really seen anything that makes me think these babies have yellowbelly in them, but I’ll likely just have to wait until they shed and more of their color comes in.

5 Likes

I’m in love with the reduced wiry pattern on the butter spinner. That’s an awesome looking little snekk

Congrats on the awesome clutches. Not seeing yb in anything there, but you may have just missed on it this time.

1 Like

@thecrawdfather She’s definitely one of my favorites! I believe she has pastel as well, since her head has high blushing.

This shows her head a lot better.

She also took a rat pup for a first meal, and is a fat, happy baby!

@wreckroomsnakes
I’m really happy with my first year breeding, that’s for sure!
I could always find a yellowbelly or an ivory to pair to the sire to try and prove out him having yellowbelly lol

6 Likes

Definitely pastel in that one! Congrats! :yum:

2 Likes

All but one of the banana spider boys has shed out.
I’m still doubtful that there’s any YB in this clutch, so either the male does not have it or I was just really unlucky. Or there is and it’s just a really low expression.

I took a few pictures of the babies, though all of the female normals have a white looking belly. The spider female has a yellow belly but so does her mom, so I don’t think that has anything to do with dad possibly having YB.

I’ll definitely be getting more pictures of all of them once I set them up in their new tubs and assign IDs to them.

4 Likes

So, I think the best way to try determining this is to try and provide pictures of dad.

He was labeled as a banana yellowbelly when I bought him at a local expo:

And here’s some pics of him now:

He was not making it easy though, so if I need a specific shot please let me know. Otherwise… do you think Banan here has YB, or is he just a banana?

2 Likes

A late addition, but one of the babies I had been assist feeding for a long while has eaten two mouse hoppers on her own! Wish I could share the picture of her wrapped around her one today :rofl:

Here’s a pic of her on the scale instead. She’s sitting around 123 grams now!

2 Likes

She’s getting so much bigger holy moly! So glad she’s started eating on her own, she’s so pretty.

2 Likes