Troubleshooting your snake

I keep seeing post from people who got a new ball python and they freak out over what experienced keepers would not see as serious but I understand that newbies freak out because they are unsure how to treat a problem with their new animal so I thought we should have answers for the most basic problems new ball python keepers often face such as why won’t it eat, how to treat stuck shed, maintaining humidity and ect. What do you guys think? Should there be something on the forums or MM for newbies to refer to right away whenever they may need it?

4 Likes

There’s an extra space in the title. It reads as having trouble with shooting the snake. I thought it was a photography thread. :laughing:

No one is going to read a lengthy FAQ. In a place like this the most commonly asked questions also work as introductions/Icebreakers for members. It gives 1-year keepers an opportunity to feel that they are helping 1-week keepers.

4 Likes

True true, valid points. I just see some people losing their minds over little things and I thought rather than making a post they could refer to something quicker rather than having to wait for replies

I think you’re both right, but then there is people who are afraid to ask cause answers can be “why did had snake at first place…” etc …

1 Like

And why not to do it. Someone find it helpful and someone will ask still :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah some people are too afraid to ask sometimes because they think they may get ridiculed for it or something which is unfortunate.

Yeah, that’s true, but we have moderators that should clamp the Facebook-ish “You don’t deserve animals!” crap.

There’s no reason not to do it. The only negative thing is if it got crutched with 10 replies of “read the FAQ” instead of taking the opportunity to say hello. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a good point actually, I didn’t really think about that. Well more than anything it was just a idea. Wasn’t trying to stir anything up. I thought it’d be a good idea just because I also wasn’t able to get tips on how to treat something right away and I wish I was able to when I was starting out. Would have saved me lots of time. I also have no problem at all with people posting their questions, if anything I like interacting with them and trying to help them if I can but like I said, i just thought it’d be a good idea. Curious to see what others think :thinking:

3 Likes

I’ll be honest when I first joined and ended up with questions I was intimidated. Forums are a scary place sometimes and with so many knowledgeable established reptile owners that “scary” only goes up. And to be honest I find myself still intimidated even after being around, chatting, getting help, and giving it from time to time.

But I like the atmosphere around here regardless. I’ve never been judged or put down for my questions or way I keep my animals. Scary and intimidating as it is I’d hope others can see this same community as a place to come for help.

4 Likes

@meerkatlyndz youre so right. I have felt safe when asking things, but thats just me :joy: And I think I came here more often than my close neighbors, because here I really can get help, when i need it. And when I just read all conversations, I think I have learned soooo much more, than just wondering in google search not knowing what I am looking for :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes