Trying to figure out listing my retics

This is not a sale or rehoming post. I reached out to MorphMarket admins a few months ago and they suggested I ask my questions on the community forum. So finally here I am.

I have two wonderful retics. Both about 7.5 years old, hatched in July 2016. One is a female Amel Kalatoa superdwarf. The other a male mochino super dwarf. I raised them both myself. They are super tame and well socialized. Now they are each about 15’ and 52 lbs.

But about a year ago I was hit in a car accident. I’m still struggling with a concussion and other physical issues. I can no longer do everything I used to do, and it is uncertain how long recovery will be. I need to scale back my life.

How do I figure out what to list them for?

• Carman
1 Like

Hello and welcome to the morphmarket community!

I would suggest comparing with other ads that are selling adults of the same morphs if you can find them, looking at both current avaible snakes and those previously sold. Hopefully that will give you some guidance on going rates.

I’m actually picking up two 2016 super dwarfs from someone that was moving their collection. @_@

@chesterhf has some good advice.

Weirdly… I found these two on local Craigslist. But the owner has archived chat logs with the breeder confirming the %s and locality and the original shipping info on them. If you have anything like that it can be super helpful.

SDs can be tough because they can vary so much especially when they were crossed into mainland blood. So personally I was looking into as much documentation as possible and with the age it was easier to judge if they’re going to maintain the dwarf moniker or not. I have a less serious back injury so I was looking for small~ I also would need to rehome if they were that size. So don’t feel bad for that!

From there… If you price competitively, they may take a bit longer to rehome. Especially since at 14’ they may be a bit on the border for what some consider dwarf size. I’m basically getting my two at a buy one get one price according to the market, so my seller may have just needed to move them quickly. And weirdly, they were still listed for a month.

4 Likes