Tulip laid...twenty eggs!

It is quite respectable! I believe it’s her largest, in fact. I’m sure it’s the largest number of good eggs she’s had. Usually there’s a slug or two but not this time.

5 Likes

They look great! And that’s a good number, especially with no duds. I gave my girl a big long drink after she laid as well. I made the mistake of bending over and holding the water dish in front of her face, not realizing how long she would drink! My back was killing me after her 5 straight minutes of drinking!

6 Likes

Congratulations that’s super awesome! Can’t wait to see the babies!

4 Likes

Thank you, everybody! Tulip’s doing well today. She graciously accepted an offering of two fuzzies. We’re expecting lots of beautiful stripes, with possibly a few of those as cubes. Now comes the easy part, at least until those last two extreeeemely long weeks! :smile:

3 Likes

Lol, hope they come out super healthy for you!

6 Likes

Thank you, kindly. Tulip has always had beautiful babies. I’m looking forward to finding out if Baldr is het Amel. Either way, I’m excited about these future pippies!

4 Likes

Picking up the cluster of eggs is such a crazy feeling, like it has it’s pulsating energy. I know that sounds crazy but it IS a bunch of potential little heartbeats so not really inaccurate… :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

I can’t say I’ve felt that, but I do feel some combination of joy and awe, with a dose of humility. Every time. I know that all I did was provide the conditions and the care for the animals. Every healthy mother, every healthy egg is a gift.

5 Likes

Beautiful!!!

2 Likes