Tulip laid...twenty eggs!

16 Likes

Awesome! My coral snow is still holding on to them but it cant be too much longer. But of curiosity how many days has it been from her pre-lay shed?

5 Likes

Omg! What a beautiful snake! :heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

Her prelay shed was 7 April, so it’s been 10 days. Looking back through my records, Tulip has laid on day 10 almost every time. Last check last night she was out of her box getting a drink. There was something different about her muscle tone and I was pretty certain she’d lay overnight. I’ll leave her alone for at least 8 hours and check again. Esperanza has now cleared a place in her nest box and I think she may go within 24 hours. Her prelay shed was 9 April.

When was your coral snow’s prelay shed?i

4 Likes

Thank you, @hadleyb! I love this girl. She was one of the original 1.3 group I bought from Kathy Love. The lighting in the pic above is terrible, just the lamp in my bedroom. Here’s a better picture of Tulip with Baldr, making this clutch. She’s Amel Stripe het Anery, Caramel. He’s Caramel Ghost Stripe p/h Amel. It’s his first clutch.

9 Likes

Good job Tulip! Now to just get the rest out!

6 Likes

So excited for you! I’ve got one more girl whose clutch I’m waiting on who is currently nine days post pre-lay shed. My other female who previously laid, much like yours, did so ten days post shed, so hoping to see eggs here in the next couple of days. Hopefully all goes well for you, can’t wait for updates.

3 Likes

Tulip is progressing. I am not disturbing her, but I peeked through the sides of her bin and nest box. If you squint just right, more eggs are visible within her coils.

7 Likes

Update: Nine hours after discovering Tulip’s first egg, I opened her bin to check on her and offer her a drink which she declined. I didn’t squeal with delight, but I wanted to! I took a few fast pictures, closed the bin again. So far, counting the first egg which I removed this morning, I’ve counted sixteen beautiful eggs! She isn’t finished yet. I didn’t actually lift and palpate her, but I can clearly tell that she has more inside. Hurray, Tulip! Keep up the good work!

8 Likes

10 Likes

Definitely looks like she still has a few bulges to go! Good job to her!

4 Likes

It definitely does! I am so glad that we humans don’t have to produce anything like corn snake clutches. Tulip is a champ!

3 Likes

What a mama!

2 Likes

April 7th, she hasnt moved from her lay box in a while so Im crossing my fingers she will lay soon.

2 Likes

Thats a nice amount of eggs already! Good job Tulip🙂.

2 Likes

Surely she will. It’s always at least a bit agonizing during the last waiting day or two. Fingers crossed for her (and for you)!

3 Likes

Tulip appears to be finished laying. I checked on her again and she appeared much more relaxed. I didn’t see any obvious bulges. She didn’t object when I put a hand under her, so I lifted her and removed the eggs. I gently felt her for any remaining, but I don’t feel any more. I offered water and she had a good long drink. Tulip and Baldr are now the proud parents of 20 beautiful eggs - although she did all the hard parts!

6 Likes

Wow! That is a good sized clutch!

4 Likes

Is it just me, or does Tulip look pleased?

8 Likes

Definitely a proud mama!

4 Likes