Ugly ball python combos?

Not a fan of champagne. I just do not like it. Clown is growing on me. I love strong contrast and bright colors

3 Likes

I hear you like clown?

7 Likes

Most clowns sadly don’t keep their strong contrast into adulthood. You have to combine them with specific morphs if you don’t want them to wash out.

3 Likes

That can be said for any morph.

Quality matters.

@nathan_e that guy is coming along well!!! Very nice.

4 Likes

Quality really does matter and I can’t stress it enough! I have seen some really ugly pastels when others are so vibrant they look almost like a DG

4 Likes

I have seen a couple clowns that are nice. Not spectacular, but I would buy one of those that are mixed with the banana enchi DG or Albino. Something that would make it stand out among all the others. And put some pattern on that Head. But this one right here, uh No. Sorry

I would say these are bright and contrasting!!! Champagne can be super nice and it can be boring it’s hit or miss in my opinion!!!

7 Likes

I love what champagne does to a whole lot of combos

2 Likes

I don’t know what picture number 2 and 4 are but I feel that they might like some Florida sun :rofl:

Mimosa and black pastel mimosa!!!

I’m thinking that I really really really like the black pastel mimosa

Thanks!!! I still have the first snake I post pictures of her all the time! The others were unfortunately all males😔 The whole clutch was a scorcher!!! One my my all time favorites!!!

This is so true. We all know that keeping track of lineage in the Ball Python market is not really a thing like it is with carpets, gtps, etc. but IF you happen to come across or work with one of those blindingly bright pastels, I believe it is worth it to not lose track of it in your projects, especially if you have pastels in your collection from different origins.

I have two adult pastel female breeders in my collection and they look nothing alike. One is your typical “brownout” and the other one is like a highlighter. Now that I am working with DG, OD, and YB animals, pastel is back to being an important ingredient in my combos.

IMO, DG straight up “rescued” pastel and pinstripe.

3 Likes

Have you made a super cinnamon champagne or I think they call it Grey Matter?

I have but they were all severely kinked. I stopped trying.

1 Like

I though that is what you said, mixing those 2 would be kinked. I saw one on Morph Market. It was spotted up like a pied. Didn’t see a kink in it though.
Some people get lucky I guess.
I am not that lucky. I’m like you, I won’t try it.

Some people do get lucky with the super cinnamon/super black pastels, but imo, it’s not worth the risk of having to euthanize a bunch of kinked babies, especially when there are so many other good dark combos

3 Likes

I have a girl that looks pied like that. Originally thought she was super black pastel then thought she wasn’t. I’m not totally sure i know she is hypo black pastel champagne!!! You’ve probably seen pictures of her. But I’ll post one just in case lol.

10 Likes

I agree on clown, they age horribly compared to other recessives. I have only one het clown, and I bought her because I thought she was an amazing example of pastel leopard. Plus by the time she reaches breeding size I should have some dg or pied het clowns already on the ground (hopefully). Every other het clown I have is is in a double recessive combo. Dg/clown or pied/clown.

I’m not a fan of Pewter combos, they just look dirty. I like clean contrast or fading/blushing. Same with champagne.

2 Likes