UKs 1st SCALELESS SUPER MICROSCALE & Clutch mates

:boom:SCALELESS SUPER MICROSCALE​:boom:
Now out along with its clutch mates.
Pairing: Bumblebee Micro x Pastel Micro
Can’t wait for them to shed now :scream:

10 Likes

Any health issues with the scaleless since birth?

3 Likes

Sorry late reply we only just come back on here for too long.
No issues whatsoever except for shedding, they shed what seems constantly every couple weeks/meals and have to be kept constantly damp almost wet or get stuck shed.
Other than that they just an amazing animal that feels like nothing else :heart:

5 Likes

What about feeding without the heat pits (if i am right about that?) Do you heat the food, how does it work. Also how often does it feed with shedding every two weeks?
Also any pictures and weights after the 2 and a half years since the hatchling pictures?.
I would love to see what it looks like now.

4 Likes

Hi,
They still have the heat sensors under the skin as usual it’s “The Pits” that are formed scales to let the heat in through the scales :+1:
Sorry but we sell the Scaleless Microscales we produce and at the moment we have 1 which around 250g which is absolutely stunning :heart_eyes:
If I remember DOH I will post some pics on here aswell :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, I didn’t know that and the internet was not clear on that. — until now :slight_smile:

Edit: The heat pit worry was something that put me off microscale in favour of scaleless until your clarification.
But i am still wondering about how you manage the two weekly sheds you state and feeding.
I suppose it just makes growth take a bit longer, if it does not affect the animals health than so what.
At least for people that are just not in it for a quick fanatical return but more interested in creating something new.

Also i just noticed your UK like me. Awesome, so we in the UK are well in the project too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,
Sorry I forgot to answer about the feeding/shedding but yes your spot on :+1:
Cool you in U.K. sharing the **** weather lol

3 Likes

7 Likes

So, from my experience; they will eat shed or no shed. If i had to wait for them to be out of shed to feed them, life would be hard xD. The biggest pain in the butt is figuring out when they are ready to shed, because 90% of the time they will be peeling in some area or another. If you try to help them shed too early, it will seem fine at first, but they will scab up. This is especially problematic near the eyes. Not so much the scabbing up part, but you never know if there is stuck shed or not. It will look like there is a layer stuck, but ive yet to be foolhardy enough to test. The caps come off with shed, but if the layer under already let go then the eyes can be ready before the rest is, but youll hurt the animal if you try.

Its a problem. Best advice is a good 30 minute bath of luke warm water before any attempted shed. After that, anything that doesnt peel right off isnt meant to come off yet.

2 Likes

@dj-pythons thanks for the additional info and pics, that helps. I am learning :slight_smile:

@verinium Thanks that’s all good information. :slight_smile:
As to your point about not waiting for the shed to feed, also in my experience with other snakes, if they want feed they are usually OK despite early shed cycle. (I don’t do it in last very blue stage or the clearing of eyes just before shed though.)

Generally, this is becoming a very educational discussion. :face_with_monocle: Thanks all.
Does anyone know if these husbandry issues apply to scaleless head too?
I am guessing some might.

3 Likes

I have 2 scaleless head snakes as well, i have been keeping them the same as my normal ball pythons with no issue. They are only missing some head scales on their forhead, and otherwise have plenty of scales all around to protect them, their shed cycle is normal and there really isnt a need to help them shed like there can be for fully scaleless.

4 Likes

Yes The Microscales & even the Zip Bellied Microscales do everything the same as a normal, as you say it only the Scaleless that shed so often but we have found some times we have to intervene because the skin can roll down leaving a tight ring of rolled up skin that needs to be either carefully cut or pulled gently apart and of course without scales they can shed down or up if helping but again as you say you must be very careful because they easily damage especially when shedding when their skin is soft anyway.
Having said all that I’m sure you will agree they an incredible animal that feels like nothing else and an absolute pleasure to own :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I have the pleasure of owning 3 of them, they take as much effort as my other 25 snakes combined, but i absolutely love having them, they are just so unique and awesome to interact with :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In my experience that can happen with other types of snake too, especially after a meal. So no big deal.

3 Likes

Very true :+1:

1 Like