Ultramel or G-Stripe? Which is the better investment?

First things first, I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again : In no way am I going to be breeding any time soon. I know how much time and effort goes into a thing like that. At best I may try my hand at breeding sometime starting 2024-25 at best. And at worst, all my little noodles just remain pets. (either way I’d like to think it’s still a win-win situation.)

With that out of the way, my question is the topic title.
I want to get one more morph, and I’m torn between ultramels and G-stripes.
I really love the the ultramels colors, but there’s something about the simple elegance of the G-stripe that calls to me.

My plans would be as followed; if i get G-stripe , it would be as a pair, I’d want to get a male and female. I could breed them to my other snakes for hets and then back to them for countless gorgeous G-stripes! An example breed the male g-stripe to my pastave for hets and if any are male, breed them to the female g-stripe for mojave, pastel, and pastave g-stripes!

If i got the ultramel, although there some things I’d like to do, I’d love to see it in some of the dark morphs I own, I’d think they’d just remain predominantly as a pet. I don’t even want a fancy one, just a nice plain ultramel would make me happy.

One last thing, this isn’t a do or die thing for me, just a if I get this one now, the other is happening much, much later.

So what would your advice be? Which do you like more?
Sorry for the rambling post, I kind just wanted to get my thoughts out there, but I really would like to hear opinions on this.

In either case, have a great day.

Why not get one of each and have a multi generational project, ultimately producing G-Stripe Ultramels…? That way you get the best of both worlds.

That being said, I think G-Stripes get overlooked a lot now that the Super Stripe (Specter YB) is readily available. I don’t know much about the Ultramels, but they are gorgeous.

Just my two cents…

1 Like

This is what I would personally do! After coral glow came out ultramel lost a little luster for me personally! Ultimately I would choose the one you would be more happy producing.

3 Likes

This person right here…genius.
That is definitely something I would want to do.
I maybe I might.
But right now, I’m trying to slowly acquire my animals, hence why I’m asking which one would be better to get first.

I understand that, especially since I’ve seen what banana/coral glow lesser combos look like.

But those gorgeous burgundies of the Ultramel…

Like I said, these little guys, are going to be pets before they’ll be breeders. That’s why I’m debating on which to pick up first.

Either morph would be great to start with - whichever you decide to go with first, I would make it a female so she will have time to grow slow and solid.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thats my answer too. What would give you the most pleasure. And dont take time of getting to your gole into consideration.

1 Like

I really should get a more current pic of this guy

And Dale Richards has his brother

2 Likes

You posted them before, they’re the g-stripe acid or static right?
Verry nice.

1 Like

From a breeding standpoint, in my humble opinion, Ultramel has more potential for variety in the long-term. It is ultimately up to the keeper to decide which look they will want to see every day. You can’t go wrong with either.

1 Like

Yep.

GStripe Acid Pastel and GStripe SuperPastel Acid

Hope to add some other genes into the mix this coming season

2 Likes