Ultrasound machine question

Has anyone used this? Does it work?

Any suggestions for what to buy??

2 Likes

While I don’t have any experience as a hobbyist, I did formerly work in a vet clinic. Honestly I would not be buying an ultrasound device off of Amazon, period. There are only 3.4 stars from 36 total reviews for the product, and the majority of positive reviews note that those reviewers received it for free.

This is one of those things where you get what you pay for. If you order a cheap one that is likely a drop-shipped item, there’s a good chance you’re going to get very little support in setup, use, or if anything goes wrong. If you’re looking for something that will actually do what you want with reliability, you’ll likely end up paying in the $2-3k range. I’d do a bit of Googling to see if you can’t find previous resources and conversations other breeders have had on the subject and go from there. YouTube is also great place to check to see what others are using, and even for demos of certain products.

3 Likes

Big agree with noodlehaus on this one.

I honestly haven’t looked into one yet, so no advice there. I want more hands on experience with reading/palpating my animals before going to the follicle finder game. But definitely do not expect anything worthwhile at this price unless maybe you have a veterinary friend and a great deal on an old machine

1 Like

Contec ultrasound with linear probe.

2 Likes

1 Like