Unable to search local on MM?

Hey there, very sorry if this is a repeat post I couldn’t find it anywhere else but I’m not great at searching forums.

With a recent MM update something was changed and I’m not able to search locally. I used to be able to just go to the local tab and it would bring up everything in my area. There was also an option to search the map. Now I can’t find the map, and the local search asks me to put in my zip code and the radius I want but when I put in the zip and 80 mile radius, it only gives me European listings, mostly from France.

I did enable geotracking, and changed the regions to US and Canada only. It will not bring up anything local for me. (Texas). Anyone else had issues like this? Am I just missing something?

Also, hello from pumpkin!

6 Likes

I can’t help with anything other than that I remember the map was removed as it wasn’t getting enough use to keep it.

@eaglereptiles should be able to help with the other parts.

4 Likes

:thinking:

Please can you try switching your region from US & CA to just US and see if you still see listings from Europe?

3 Likes

Alrighty here’s what happened. Also, thanks for the quick reply!!!

3 Likes

Ah bummer! I used it all the time when I travelled to find breeders along my route. Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

Are you seeing the same issue on your browser or just the app?
If also on your browser, can you share the URL for your results please?

2 Likes

@logar please edit your zipcode out of that picture
…Bottom one

3 Likes

I am way to tired for this😅

3 Likes

Ok I quadruple checked this time :rofl:

I am used to looking on my phone and forgot that it shows on the side

4 Likes

Alright I deleted and reinstalled the app, double checked my settings and I have tracking on. When I hit enable tracking in the search page (in app) it changes it to all regions, and then doesn’t bring anything up.

Tried on the browser also, it says error, that I didn’t give permission to track. Here’s what I see

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum @samseebach Sam! And welcome to Pumpkin as well!

I go to filter up right corner:I

Then US and Canada, then animal, zip code, and miles marker and then my local breeders pop up

1 Like

Hi there! Thank you! I just tried it this way and same result

3 Likes

@samseebach

Go into your app settings and click on where it says permissions

Make sure the app shows Location under allowed, and if it doesn’t, click on it and choose allowed

4 Likes

Oops! I’m so sorry! :weary:

1 Like

Hey thanks for the info! Is this something you access inside the app? Or is that just what settings looks like on android? I have gone to my app settings through the phone and made sure all permissions are turned on, and still get the same issue. If this is something your accessing inside the app, I’m not seeing it.

I appreciate the input!

2 Likes

It was on the settings of the app. If anything, I’d tell you to force stop, uninstall, and then reinstall.

2 Likes

Yes I did try completely uninstalling app and redownloading. No luck with that, same issue

2 Likes

I would say then the MM app doesn’t like you :sweat_smile:

I’ll alert this to a higher level. Sorry you’re having such an issue with this!

4 Likes

Haha! It’s not the first piece of technology to go from working fine to taking a nose dive on me, and it won’t be the last :joy: I’ve accepted my fate

3 Likes