Unique ball python names

what do you guys name your ball pythons and how do you come up with creative names

2 Likes

Mine ended up following a demon and angel theme after my first one was so aggressive you couldn’t do nothing with it so the first pair was Lucifer and Lilith

2 Likes

Star Trek names for my first one. Tiberius for my pied next one will be a female so probable Nyota, Deanna, Beverly or her last name Crusher, Tasha, or Dax. I like all of the Star Trek shows and movies. Plenty of names to pick from. Pretty corney I know. I’m not good a picking names.

2 Likes

All over the place. I have a Snape, a lily and a Jenny. From Harry Potter. I have a stripe, he’s striped. I have a spot, she’s spotted. I have a spock who I purchased from somebody else with a name… and I have a boa named Salmarissa from science fiction, the Belgarard. I also have a little Stimson’s python named Bindi

I ended up with a Noodle/Italian theme for my colubrids. ex. Penne, Orzo, Alfredo. And I went Japanese with my ball pythons. ex. Sushi, Nori, Soy Sauce, Mochi

3 Likes

I usually base my snake’s names on their personalities or colors. My Banana Super Cinny is called Hades because he is a very grumpy boy, my Chocolate GHI Mojave is called Morrigan because of her dark colors, Aphrodite is my Mojave Vanilla Sulfur because she is a good breeder, and Helios is my Butter Fire Spider who was pretty bright as a hatchling. But sometimes I just name them things from video games, like my Pastel Chocolate DG is named Sevii based on the Sevii Islands in Pokemon Firered and Leafgreen (not sure why I named him that, but it seems to fit in my mind somehow), and my Calico Enchi is named Faust which is the name of a snake in a mobile game called The Arcana. I haven’t named all my snakes, but I hope to find names for all of them eventually.

2 Likes

I’m naming most of mine after food - I have a Papaya, Mango, Cashew and Maple

2 Likes

I have 4 on hold until I’m totally moved. One already has a name, it just popped into my head. He’s a really bright and adorable banana, Mojave, pastel, spider. I named him Lucifer Morningstar Lightbringer (Lucy) for short. Not because he’s bad, but because he brought the light of excitement back into my heart. Also he carries the potential to produce Lucie’s.
It’s just whatever pops into my head

1 Like

Most of the time when I name my animals I look at the things around me. Like one of my snakes is named Fireball because of the whiskey and his attitude. Some of the other snakes names are Tricky, Itsy, Lemon, and Little bit.

1 Like

Mine has a mix also if u add in the kids lizards and snakes they named lol

1. Pretty boy, banana ball python male
  2. Mazikeen, lesser ball python female
  3. Daemon, super pastel lesser ball python possibly ghost male
  4. Lucifer, enchi 66% het candy 100% het pied ball python male
  5. Lilith, normal 100% het pied ball python female
  6. Kink, motley boa male
  7. Stryker, bci red tail boa
  8. Sassy, normal ball python female
  9. Iggy, green iguana
  10. Wobbles, classic bearded Dragon female
  11. Big girl, bcc red tail boa female
  12. Ziggy, bci red tail boa male
  13. Spike, bearded dragon male classic
  14. Dominic’s, translucent bearded dragon male
  15. Nico, pastel ball python male
  16. Carman, leopard gecko female
  17. Nina, translucent bearded dragon female
  18. Pandora, classic bearded dragon female
  19. Shiva, vanilla woma female ball python
  20. Hades-veiled chameleon
2 Likes

I pick themes every year… last years theme was painters and sculptors, this year is serial killers… mind you I have over 70 bps and between breeding and buying I tend to add a significant number each year so the yearly theme works for me.

3 Likes

I love this! It’s what I used to do when I bred dairy goats, and it’s great because you never run out of names and you can easily tell how old everyone is without looking it up.

3 Likes

We have fun here once the new animals each arrive, trying to think of clever, witty, or funny names.
Black pastel, hypo, spider (black pastel honey bee) is named Bunny.

Black pastel pied female has just a dark patterned head, named Medusa. Black pastel pied male has no pattern other than a group of about 6 black scales in the shape of a star, so I named him for David Bowie’s final album, Blackstar.

3 GHI Mojaves, named for the evil characters in the movie Legend- Blix, Pox, and Darkness.

Our scaleless head black pastels het for albino, (2 females) and albino cinnamon scaleless head male. We got silly, Manda triggered their names because the first female was due to ship, and Manda asked me “when does the headless snake arrive?!” So she was named Headless. Second female, we dropped the ball on naming her, so she is “Nameless”, and the albino male became “Cinnabald”

We have a lot named in silly fashion, those are just some with pictures.
Our corn snakes are fun as well. A palmetto male name is Kernel, his amel het palmetto mate is named Shoepeg.

3 Likes

We named our BLADE clown ball python Wesley

3 Likes

I used to name mine old English names like Reginald, Perry, Elizabeth, Margarette, etc., but then I started to get a few too many. The best name I have ever heard, and I take no credit for this, was someone had named their snake, “Crazy Legs Douglas”.

When ever someone starts a “What should I name my snake” thread, my go too answer is “Kevin”. It can even be a girl’s name since the female bird in the Disney movie “UP” was named Kevin.

My kids named 3 of my snakes
Noodle - ball python
Sunny - corn snake
Mr. Wigglesworth - hognose
All the others (all ball pythons) are named after characters from books that I’ve read, I’ll never run out.
Ifnia, Ishi, Trygg, Pentandra, Briga, Olmeg, Azar — Next week we’ll welcome Rhysand and Feyre

When I started collecting (I’m at 12 now) my family and I decided to follow a Disney theme. So all the snakes are named after Disney characters

3!!! How do you believe that is fair while I’m sat here with 0 GHI Mojaves? :crazy_face:

They are all gorgeous :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Wesley is a good one!

I somehow overlooked our clown girl, Pennywise!

She’s shy, doesn’t like being away from her storm drain- Tough to get a good picture!

2 Likes

I know this is late. But I’m thinking on naming my male Super Banana Calic. Curious George or something still haven’t decided