Unknown bugs?

There are some small bugs in my BPs enclosure that look a bit like springtails but I can’t tell if they are or not. If I could take a decent picture I would but my camera quality is terrible and couldn’t zoom in enough without being undistinguishable. I haven’t found any on Beans so I have doubts that they are mites? Would anyone with springtails be able to take some photos, zoomed in or from a distance, and reply with them? Google is not supplying very helpful photos…

2 Likes

Never mind I took photos

2 Likes

They remind me more of a baby roach instead of a springtail… But hopefully someone will be able to ID it better

2 Likes

They have been in here for months, I don’t know the lifespan of roaches but I feel like they would be bigger than that if they were baby roaches. They are very small and looking up pictures of the roach babies, they don’t look all that similar. I could be wrong though.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m just having flashbacks to my old apartment in the block as the college frat houses. It was a disaster. XD

If they’re not much bigger hmm… The photos are a bit blurry. They don’t fly at all? Cause fungus gnats are common too.

2 Likes

They don’t fly at all, and they were the best photos I think I’ll get… A tinsy bit bigger than fungus gnats I think.

1 Like

looking up fungus gnats just confirmed it, they look a lot different than that so definitely not fungus gnats.

2 Likes