Unwanted emails

I’ve suddenly started to receive emails to threads I’ve never visited (constantly) i haven’t changed my settings and only have visited MRC once or twice in several years. I tried to update my notifications settings but continue to get emails to new threads!

Anyone else having this problem? Please advise.

5 Likes

I haven’t had this issue. What type of phone are you using? And what browser?

4 Likes

Is it emails to the MorphMarket Rebranding thread?

3 Likes

I think I have fixed this issue. I will bump that thread and lets see…

6 Likes

I think that @hh_herpetology also had this issue.

3 Likes

So I have hit unsubscribe from email notifs like ten times and yet every five minutes I get a new email about every discussion going on?? I’ve even muted the channels in the preference tab and yet nothing I do seems to make these emails stop lol

4 Likes

Yeah, this is an issue I caused unintentionally while trying to make MorphMarket News posts as wide-reaching as possible.

I inadvertently set the status of the category to “tracking”, which sent EVERYONE an email for every comment made :grimacing:

I have fixed this, but because I messed up so badly and sent it to everyone, there is a lot still in the queue to go out… so expect a couple more, but they will stop within a day or so.

I apologise for this :face_with_peeking_eye:

12 Likes

I cant get it to stop I’m about to delete my morphmarket account due to it, it has been making my phone crazy all day…I do not at all like unsolicited emails.

3 Likes

@ford1 please read above.

7 Likes

How’s everyone’s emails looking now?

3 Likes

From what I can tell it looks good.

Am I reading correctly that no one will get emails anymore, apart from staff members? So that means replies and followed post will not get emails, just notifications within the site?

Depending on the answer to the above, I just have a quick question. I know it’s been addressed before; but my emails go to the junk folder. No matter what I do. Something about the sender needing to authenticate the message. Is that something that will ever be changed? Not a big deal as I’m on the site fairly regularly.

5 Likes

Coming here to say the exact same thing. My emails don’t even offer an unsubscribe button, I haven’t used this website in years, and all of a sudden I’m getting dozens of emails every day from random forums.

4 Likes

I’m still receiving emails.

3 Likes

Can you please share a screenshot of the last one you received?

I added this to the emails, but it isnt present on the ones that are loaded to go out. But for the future it will be. I am so sorry for this mess.

5 Likes

Interestingly, I don’t get emails from MRC.

2 Likes

I haven’t gotten anymore but I still think that other are still getting them.

3 Likes

Please help me stop the emails…

I suddenly started getting email notifications for replies to topics I have never subscribed to, tracked, etc.

I have tried everything I can find to turn them off, “muting” everything, and STILL get email notifications.

I got 9 today, for a thread that was closed THREE DAYS AGO.
I got 13 yesterday.
I 13 Sunday.

4 days ago, @EAGLEREPTILES said they had fixed this:

But it is NOT fixed.

I’m so done with this I have even tried to find a way to close my account…

Please help me MAKE IT STOP!

Thank you,
Ed

2 Likes

I am just checking something. Do your emails that you are receiving have an unsubscribe button? If not, they are still being sent from the previous mistake and are still in the Q to be sent. Please let me know @eshell.

2 Likes

The last non-staff email that was loaded into the queue was 4 days ago…
SmartSelect_20230527_092954_Chrome

Can you please let me know what the last one you received was?

3 Likes

Thanks for clarifying :wink:

1 Like