Update on Candy’s Health!

She pooped and urited last night and i have fully cleaned out her water bowl! Yes you heard it, she pooped directly into her water :face_with_diagonal_mouth: im glad that the excrements look normal compared to the first playdough poop and i thought you guys would be glad to know!
I would also like to inform you that I have procured her a 3ftx1x1 viv that is big enough for her! She will be moving into it once i make a few alterations and get some more decorations (the alteration being a second lip so that Candy has enough burrow depth as theres only really a 1inch depth currently). I also have to sillicone the vents and such in and give the viv a deep clean. I will do all these things as soon as i can however i have an abcess that is adhering my capabilities to move my arm in alot of the ways i will need to to complete her viv and rehome her into this one. I will be keeping her old one for future snakes such as my baby cornsnake that is in an egg currently, and then after they age they move into a 3x1x1 and a male hognose may be homed into it in the future.
She also had an attempted dlfeed which did not go so well, she refused the food. So shes scheduled for another feed next week! If you dont already know and want more updates on Candy regularly, she has an instagram @Candy_the_Corny
I APOLOGISE FOR THE LONG READ

5 Likes

Glad to hear that Candy passed waste. Good for you (and for her) that your spotted it quickly in the water dish. That’s always a fun thing to clean, lol. Sounds like you have things on track. I’m sorry that you are dealing with a abscess. Those can be quite painful. I hope that heal soon. And I hope Candy eats het next meal.

2 Likes

Yeah abcesses are an absolute piece of work, got diagnosed eith HS awhile ago now. Thank you! Me too. I also hope that Candy eats her next meal. Been planning on fonding a good angle to record it when i feed her 🩷

2 Likes

Hooray for Miss Candy! Sounds like she is well on the mend! Thank you for the update @nattefrost! I hope your abscess clears up soon! I once had an abscess internally and was in the hospital for a week. It was brutal!

But wishes to you and Candy for future health! :blush:.

2 Likes