Updated Representative Photo Policy

To maintain authenticity and ensure the quality of animals on MorphMarket, the use of representative photos will no longer be permitted for the following categories effective August 1, 2023:

• Ball Pythons
  • Burmese Pythons
  • Carpet Pythons
  • Green Tree Pythons
  • Reticulated Pythons
  • Short Tailed Pythons
  • Boa Constrictors
  • Rainbow Boas
  • Sand Boas
  • Tree Boas
  • Corn Snakes
  • Hognose Snakes
  • Kingsnakes
  • Milk Snakes
  • African Fat-Tailed Geckos
  • Chahoua Geckos
  • Crested Geckos
  • Gargoyle Geckos
  • Leachianus Geckos
  • Leopard Geckos
  • Bearded Dragons
  • Chameleons (subadult or older)
  • Tortoises
  • Uromastyx
  • Skinks
  • Monitors
  • Tegus

Multiple Quantity Ads May Use Representative Photos if:

• They do not fall into the categories mentioned above and comply with the current guidelines detailed in our rules.
  • They fall into the mentioned categories but are sent as a complete group to a single buyer.

Multiple Quantity Ads May NOT Use Representative Photos if:

• They fall into the mentioned categories and are being sent as individual animals of the group.
12 Likes

This broke me … :skull:

2 Likes

I honestly really like this change. If you are selling an individual animal, why would you not put a picture up of that actual animal. I suppose it is a hassle for bulk sellers, but still, it just seems too easy to have unhappy customers who expected something different, or didnt know there would be some defect or injury (wild caught moreso on this front)

7 Likes

I’m confused, are they still allowed to select the option, it’s just against the policy?

Edited to add… I see it says august 1, why would we allow new listings to be created with that option in the meantime

2 Likes

Edit #2 since I can’t edit my original post…. I see the ad is older, so it doesn’t apply to logic here. So feel free to just disregard all my above comments lol

4 Likes

So whats the enforcement on this? Are members encouraged to report representative ads that are posted after this policy took place? Because… theres a lot xD

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m a bit confused too. It doesn’t go into effect until the 1st of august, but I’m curious if this just means that all posts with that type of photo now will just be pulled.

2 Likes

No idea, figured id ask so they dont just get 70billion reports xD

3 Likes

We will likely just run a string that expires those ads automatically.

3 Likes