Vendor insurance

This subject needs revisited. So most of the shows around me require vendor insurance. The shows insurance only covers them slip trip falls so on. If one of your snakes or lizards would bite someone that is looking to purchase or if you cause any damage. You would be held liable for a bite. In this sue happy world. Not looking to take any chances. So is there any vendors who have insurance out there that can point me to a legit insurance company that covers reptile vendors. If you ever seen a good 4ft burm bite looks like a murder scene. You can be sued for it. Just trying cover my ass.

1 Like

If not able to post company name… please send me a p.m.

1 Like

I own several businesses in the construction and service industries. I’ve learned along the way that you’re much better off finding a local insurance agent and having them shop coverage for you. You should be able to get a general liability policy for $70-$100 a month. Typically, these policies are going to require you to list each show promoter, and the facility of the show as additionally insured. Depending on the type of insurance service that you may or may not cost extra to add others as additionally insured.

2 Likes

Im looking local nobody covers reptile vending im out of s.w. pennsylvania.

What you want is a private insurance agent that is able to write multiple different types of policies ie general liability, workers comp, auto, etc. They are usually small offices. They will tailor the policy and find someone to carry it. Anybody that does general liability stuff for construction companies should be able to figure out how to write a policy for you.

2 Likes

Do any of you reptile vendors have insurance?

I do between 10-14 shows up and down the entire west coast every year and I’ve never had a promoter ask me. If you’re in the midwest, maybe reach out to clint bartley at metazotics.

1 Like

I used to vend 20yrs ago but had a pet store insurance to cover me at shows the 2 day big shows require it. Back in the day nobody carried it. Just wonding how many of you vendors carry it? Maybe im just overly cautious in a sue happy world.

I am assuming you carry homeowners insurance? Have you thought about checking with your agent?

Not looking to lose my current insurance because of the snakes dont ask dont tell. Im going try some brokers. Thanks for all the replys and your time to try and answer them.

1 Like