Visual difference between Albino and Arctic Albino?

I can’t seem to see (or find info on) a visual difference between an Albino and an Arctic Albino. Is there a visual difference? If so, then how can you tell which is which? (Photo examples would be extremely helpful.)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chris

1 Like

Firstly, I’m on my phone at the moment so snagging photos is fairly frustrating…
Secondly, I don’t work with hognose personally, so I can’t say much on the sable albino vs albino…
But here’s a quick search on the market side for animals that are carrying ‘arctic’ and ‘albino’
https://www.morphmarket.com/all/c/reptiles/colubrids/hognose-snakes?traits__in=22533-t&traits__in=22555-t&state=any

Now… This is just arctic, did you mean to ask about Super arctic? Because in that case the difference is very noticeable. The super arctic albino will be a pink color snake while the albino still will have tan or yellow coloring as hatchlings.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, @armiyana.

Yes, I did the same searches on MM before posting here, and I simply cannot note a visual difference between Albino and Arctic (not Super Arctic) Albino, and I’d love to hear from a breeder who has/had a mixed clutch. How can they tell the difference?

FWIW, my concern stems from the idea of buying an Arctic Albino. Unless the genetics are guaranteed (via Albino x Super Arctic Albino), then how does the seller know for sure that his advertised animal carries the Arctic gene, and how would I know for sure what I am buying. I hope that makes sense.

PS: Same question for Axanthic vs Arctic Axanthic.

1 Like

The difference is more obvious in person than in photos. Animals with arctic will be brighter but have less contrast than standard albinos. With axanthic they’re going to look less silver and more ‘purple’ if they have arctic.

1 Like

it’s hard to say, but in my personal opinion to describe, Arctic Albino looks brighter than Albino and the color of inner area of stripes is closer to the background color.

1 Like