Wanna know if its a first for this combo?

Hello, Im very curious if i possibly am the first to make this 4 gene combo? Ive searched everywhere online and havent found a comparison to what i have or even info. The pairing was 0.1 OD X 1.0 BLACK HEAD RED GENEN PASTEL. I got some very strange results from the clutch. First off i bought the sire has a bh rg pastel but had a feeling he maybe super bh and im avout 90% sure he is as it seems all hatchlings are bh. But im also very new to this breeding as this is my 2nd clutch ever. Any type of info or help would be amazing. Thanks and ill post some pics of the clutch and parents.

8 Likes

Nice snakes! Hard for me to tell if they are all blackhead, most definitely are but I am not sure on the one pastel. So I can’t say the sire was a super or not for sure. I did want to bring up a possibility, a lot of black head red genes also have what is called a ringer gene. Ringer gene animals tend to have pushed up patterns that messes up the side pattern like in your pics of the snake in 8-9 also I can maybe see it in a few others as well. So that could account for some of the strange patterns in these pretty babies.

4 Likes

I actually think the sire has ringer gene also and im not fully sold on him being super bh . But i did pair him to a super mojave and visually seen them locked up. That clutch should prove it. They still need to shed out once they do ill post updated pics of the clutch. So when i do any help iding would be a blessing. Im new to all this and have so much more to learn along my journey into breeding. But i will say with this clutch im even more hooked then i already was and look forward to making more combos. Thanks in advance to all the help along the way.

2 Likes

Sorry been busy and forgot to update some of these photo’s. Ill post the 1 that i believe is all the genes. I gotta take some new and better photos. Let me know yalls opinions. I think its black head, red gene, ringer gene, pastel, orange dream

7 Likes

I would agree with you, I don’t have a lot of personal experience yet with blackheads but to me it looks too bright and bold to just be a pastel blackhead and I also think it has ringer and red gene as well! Red gene for me is the hardest to see, but the blushing on the back really has me thinking it does. Definitely the distorted pushed up pattern and high blushing sides of a ringer gene in my opinion. That’s a great looking snake! I am not positive if it’s a worlds first, probably is, but either way it’s a genetically powerful snake and more importantly extremely pretty! Nice job!

3 Likes

Wicked looking animal!! Love that spot behind its head, really stunning visuals.

4 Likes

Thanks and on the worlds first part. It really doesnt matter to me other then for there to be a document of it to have a reference or image to compare to for others. Also the animal reminds me of the sire and will be staying here for sure. The others ill be be updating the pics just waiting for there 2nd shed because they even changed more. Also what i seen that red gene and od seem to almost look the same with pastel. But im only going off other pics online to help id.

2 Likes

Thank u very much and thats one of my favorite features of the animal. Honestly i wasnt expecting this clutch to come out this amazing looking. Also i paired the same blackhead male to a super mojave to hopefully comfirm that he is a super blackhead. The whole clutch poped out with blackhead. If so then that male will be staying put and i got him at a very cheap price. So win win. That super mojave will be going sooner then later. She just had a huge ovulation has of yesterday and is refusing food.

2 Likes

Well i got more questions then answers. This black head male that sired this clutch also sired another clutch for me. I figured id pair him to my Super Mojave female and it would be easy to figure out if he is a Super BH and the results just made my head spin. Because i ended up with a all white snake out of 3 eggs. First i thought maybe partho but the other 2 eggs came out mojave/bh combos. So now i think he is a Super BH Pastave RedGene Ringer Gene and also might be Pos Het Pied. Reason for the pos het pied is after i seen these results i admittedly sent a message to the breeder i bought him from to find out all the info i could. Which was @dollswithballs and she said she bought him from someone else and there was 2 snakes in this group like mine and one was made from a super bh pastave female and the sire was pos het also and i believe i ended up with the snake that was from that pairing, which would explain the pied markers on a few of the babies. But ill put up the photos for everyone to see and if anyone can share any info or even some id help, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks and look forward to hearing back from everyone.

3 Likes

Also here is a updated photos of some hatchlings from first clutch he sired.

4 Likes

Also will post updated photos once the other 2 shed out. Should be anyday now.

3 Likes