Was thinking of breeding maybe

I was thinking of breeding my deathstalker and Egyptian yellow fat tail ( not to each other obviously) my only concern is i don’t want to lose my expensive males to the females they are like black widows that they will often kill the male. While 60.00 isn’t that much i still don’t want to lose my babies. I know i could make the money back but that is only if someone actually was interested in them.

3 Likes

It’s a risk and up to you basically.
You’ll need to watch and be there right away after to get the male out. If not he’s lunch…

3 Likes

If they are pets and you are attached to them then just don’t risk it. If you’re okay with possibly losing them then you might want to try it. If you’re attached to them and you still want to breed, it would be worth getting another male that you wouldn’t be devastated if he was killed.

3 Likes

Your continued topics about scorpions are making me really close to going and get one lol :joy:

3 Likes

Im glad im such an influencer :joy:
:scorpion:.

3 Likes

Im sure you might know already but the deathstalker and yellow fattail are both great species and probably the most fun to watch hunting and feeding. Other people may have their favorites but those are mine. My other species i rarely see them do much but hang out by the heater, they seem to be more ambush hunters waiting for food to come to them, but my biggies activly hunt. I live watching the deathstalker chase after crickets he is super fast. I do switch up food so they get variety like super worms, hook worms cockroaches.

Im sure you would enjoy scorpions, like true spiders they really don’t need much. My hides are one of those big yogurt tubs cut in half. My big female and male very rarely use the hides i think they know they are safe.

You will definitely have to post picks if you end up getting them.
Itd definitely be nice to have more of the community loving the spiders and scorpions. But the nice thing is there is something for everyone here. :heart:

2 Likes

Oh ps i tend to avoid the parthenogenic species only because i dont want to deal with a tank full of killers :joy: :scorpion: lots of people love the Hottentotta Hottentotta, don’t get me wrong but i am just not prepared to deal with all them tiny killers all over. :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s why I would be going with the deathstalker too! Lol :joy:. I love the way they look and act. And definitely, I will post pictures if it happens :rofl:.

2 Likes

That is a great choice!

2 Likes