Way too much alteration of photographs!

oh youre joking. i was about to search that lol

1 Like

:rofl: It is a fitting same IMO.

1 Like

its perfect name

1 Like

I’m in love with the calico (I think thats what it is? calico is underrated imo)

2 Likes

ironically enough Photoshop is a problem in several of my hobbies from reptile keeping to tattoo artistry, lol. It definitely feels very scammy at times, to see a snake that’s got stark black and yellows when it’s truthfully more brown and tan. Or worse- desaturated axanthics that look less brown than they are. Some people seem to do things mostly for instagram and don’t care about the real life subject so much. “Doing it for the photo” is sadly now very common thanks to the grip social media has on people.

7 Likes

He’s OD Sugar possible het Pied and I hope to see him proven this year. :blush:

12 Likes

I can only imagine. I’d rather someone get an animal that looks much better than the pics I send, and that is usually the case. Enhance the experience not the picture.

10 Likes

I had this experience this year with the clown I bought this year. She looked great in the pictures…and absolutely jaw dropping in person. It was such positive experience that I plan to try and buy from that breeder again.

4 Likes

Yes people playing with the pictures suck. Some breeder like to do it, ordered a snake and it looked nothing like the picture I was less than satisfied. Which makes ordering online difficult and makes you hesitant.

2 Likes

Let’s not drag people’s name into this thread, thank you.

2 Likes

The only thing I obsess over is the white background. Drives me nuts if the background is grey/blue. Taking pictures outside is really dependent on light and that can change quickly

8 Likes

Lee i think i am going to need you to send that me so i can make sure the color has been accurately represented. :exploding_head: beautiful animal.

3 Likes

@wreckroomsnakes if you can believe it Mary…I let her and her brother go. Still not sure if it was the right decision.

2 Likes

I agree. Sunlight pics are enough for me. The only editing I do is to make sure it looks like it looks in real life because depending on the time of day, the snake, or my lack of photography understanding, the picture sometimes doesn’t look like the snake unless I edit the temperature and such.

1 Like

That and all the crappy photos. Your trying to sell something, at the least take good authentic photos that represent it properly. Alot of blurry photos, but mostly horrible lighting. How can i see the snake i want to buy , if half of the pic is blurry and the other half is all shadow, lol. Every phone has a decent camera nowadays. No excuse for crappy pics. IMO

5 Likes

There is nothing worse than sending a snake to someone and having them question if that was the snake they bought. There is a fine line between making your snake look better as compared to others and false marketing. I use my iPhone and try and take a picture of the snake on something that will provide some contrast like something black, but will never touch it up. Just get a good pose, snap it, post it. Let the rest take care of itself. If it’s not a great expression of the gene, than mark it down. So what.

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. You buy the snake, care for it, feed it, breed it, incubate the eggs, hatch them, get the babies on feed, then take a crappy picture and post it? I don’t get it.

3 Likes

:cry: :cry: :cry: way to crush a girls dreams. Yep been there on that one, i wonder all the time why i sold this on or that one. Sometimes i am lucky and people will send me updated pics on stuff. That always makes me happy to see how things have grown and changed.

3 Likes

This was the last snake I posted for sale recently. I only cropped it and adjusted for crappy florescent lights to make it look like it actually does. If anything, it looked better in person

3 Likes

Yes! White backgrounds are a big one for me too!

8 Likes