Way too much alteration of photographs!

yes its annoying when you are buying, You can report them if your Sure they are enhanced.

I did once and the person got a warning. But that one was obvious.
The only thing we can do is ask for more photos in natural light. In their hand helps to compare colours and size.
Report if you don’t get what was advertised.
The more we report the more the risk sellers take with enhancing photos so they don’t look like what you recieve,
No guarantee though.

Photos should represent the current time, again reporting is reasonable if not.

Edit: forgot, you can also always put it in the review if you have good evidence.

2 Likes

im assuming you got yourself a white snake and they can look pink as babies or when in shed

1 Like

Although I must admit sometimes the reality is better than when the sellers taken a poor picture. e…g.

Sellers picture-

Reality - my picture

9 Likes

Super Mojave, not born pink lol. I love her regardless, but found better price for same morph.

Super Mojave from what I’m told (have a friend who is a breeder), said Super Mojave are not born pink lol. She’s still awesome though

1 Like

Not born “pink” but pink for BP and when they shed they have a tint. here are mine that I plan on breeding together.

This is my super lesser. Its almost so white its pink

This is my super mojave

5 Likes

When they’re newly hatched they have a more pinkish tint, but that photo is definitely manipulated. I’ve never even seen any of my white snakes that color :rofl:

Here’s my two BELs.
The smaller one is Blue, a butter mystic female I produced myself! Almost 350 grams and she’s a late July 2020 baby.

The bigger one is Lucy, a pastel super mojave that I raised from a 200 gram baby. She’s pushing 1600 grams now. She looks like a toasted marshmallow.

6 Likes

Do you ever clean them or just wait for them to shed? seems like mine pick up any dirt they find

1 Like

Free android app Phonto. It’s incredibly simple, and limited in what it does, but text and picture overlay is great. Fast and easy and you can adjust the darkness of any image to make a watermak overlay.

I use it for all my watermarks and YT thumbnails.

1 Like

Awe, beautiful! My Super Mojave looks just like that. I mainly got her to breed with my BEL (Bamboo Lesser) and make beautiful BEL babies lol.

1 Like

Yeah that pic was def doctored lol. Still love her to pieces, but I was so excited to get a pinkish snake. Figured it was too good to be true. Still going to make gorgeous babies with her and my male BEL. Hopefully one of the breeders/sellers read these and think “Wow maybe we should stop enhancing photos”. No plan on a bad review though, he did give me $50 off listed price and her intention is BEL so I’m happy regardless

What I shouldve said was that at birth they are translucent pinkish-white.

When I shoot photos for selling, I will always crop the photo so the subject is centered and balanced. I usually do not adjust the lighting or color but if I think the photo is underselling the animal too much, I will adjust it slightly to get it to look closer to what I am seeing. I do not want to oversell it because it just leads to disappointment. I want the purchaser to get something that is every bit as good as they expect, if not better.

I don’t like outdoor photos in bright sunlight because it can be misleading. The animal is not really going to look like that most of the time. I do however, love outdoor pics from bright but overcast days. Those pics are usually a great representation of the real looks of the animal. You just can’t count on that light too often.

I avoid patterned backgrounds. Solid colors allow for the edge patterns of the animal to be clearly defined without any distortion. Keep in mind that different depths of color change appearances so again try to truly represent what you see yourself. To me, there is nothing worse than trying to extract the colors and pattern of an animal that is lost in the pattern, texture, or colors of a background.

I’ll close by saying that I feel Buyers should ask for updated photos of an animal they are interested in purchasing, including in hand for scale, and a weight. If someone’s hand is in the photo including part of their arm, a sleeve, or tattoos, it makes it easy to determine if the photo is doctored or is just as it was taken. The reason I request a weight is because ads are often not updated. I want to know what to expect and see that the animal is being fed on some kind of regular schedule.

4 Likes

Sorry thought it would post under the pic

9 Likes

Yesss! I know this is an old thread but I was cruising for a new Beardie and wow at the people using not only over-saturation but balls-out photoshopped like the PURPLE (like full on grape purple) dragon that was posted for 5k a few weeks ago.

There were a few really nice dragons I wanted but I’m not buying anything where you can see they used over saturation. I’m not spending a few hundred dollars to get an animal who was falsely presented just to give a seller a low rating for their deceivement. What’s sad is a lot of people don’t know what to look for with doctored photos and fall for this crap.

I remember a year or so ago I was looking for a male axanthic BP to add to my line and a dude was using the black and white filter photos to make the snake look like it was actually back and white. When I messaged the seller asking for a non filtered photo I was told "I used the B&W filter because when you take a photo of him he looks brown but is really black and white…really dude that’s the best excuse you got? It looks brown because it is brown /facepalm

4 Likes

I agree, super mojaves are a little pink when born but not that pink.
Here is our girl as a baby

5 Likes

I love the dirty head look of super Mojaves!

3 Likes