We are Voodoo Magic Boas! :)

Hello :wave: all!

So as you may have seen and/or noticed here on MorphMarket , Aaron and I are big boa nerds, and we are excited to be here in the MM Community!

We are also excited to announce we just launched our MM Store this weekend. Eek! So excited! It was a super easy and intuitive system (Thx, MM!), and I must admit, I keep going back to check it out. :laughing:

Otherwise, bit about us: we are a husband and wife team of former educators living in Central Florida. Aaron has been an animal breeder for a major chunk of his life, and I joined him in his boa hobby-turned-passion when we met waaaaay back in 2004. We first launched VMB as a business in 2008, and although we divested for a bit in 2013, we are back up and running and are thrilled about the 2022 herp world!

We have historically focused on Red Tails but are branching out into Rainbows and Rosies as we are taking the step of launching our business full time in the next 1-2 years. Eeek again!

In the meantime, here are a few snaps :camera_flash: of us and our :snake: buddies. We are looking forward to great discussions and positive picture swapping in the years to come with all of you here on the Forums and the Market.

We truly believe boas are beautiful and that reptiles make great pets! :sunglasses::snake::heart:

Stay snakey…

Aaron and Susan Houts
Voodoo Magic Boas
Excellence in Captive Bred Boas

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 7.36.46 AM

MorphMarket Store: www.morphmarket.com/stores/voodoomagicboas
Instagram: www.instagram.com/voodoomagicboas

11 Likes

I’m in South Florida! It is so awesome to see that the boa community is strong in Florida :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I’m super happy to see that a wife and husband pair are doing this together! Can’t wait to see more of you guys!

5 Likes

@lumpy Yay! Agreed! And thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The Florida-based reptile community (+ warm weather!) is what brought Aaron here from Memphis (yay!), and we met in Cocoa, Fl in 2004 (we were so young!):

… And got married in 2008, and since then we have had lots of adventures…

Including some time with Blue Tongue skinks from 2015 - 2020…

And now we are thrilled to be “back to :snake: boas”, expanding into some new buddies (Rainbows and Rosies: here are two freshly shed girls as of this morning, {photo :camera_flash: credit Aaron Houts)…

Thank you again, @lumpy, for the positive words, and enjoy this week’s beautiful Florida weather :grinning:

4 Likes

I visited Florida (Orlando) for the National Veterans Wheelchair games i believe 2017. It was beautiful like some places in California but way greener. I had an aunt and uncle who lived in West Palm Beach but they are passed away now. My only complaint about Florida was the ultra high humidity, as soon as i would go outside my wheelchair rims would have instant condensation which really sucks for pushing or stopping. The humidity reminded me of Virginia when i was stationed there. It rained about every few days just like Florida did.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! Love all the photos! So awesome that you and your husband get to work your reptile passion together! :smiley:

3 Likes

Lol it was a beautiful rainy day today :upside_down_face:

2 Likes