Weird orange poop

So I rescued a Boa about a week ago. I don’t really know anything about him, he was confiscated from an animal hoarder and wrapped in a twine. I’ve gotten him in a nice setup to observe with proper conditions. He’s started looking much better, he actually shed, and seems to be doing well but he won’t eat. Then last night he peed except in addition to the normal white urates there is this slimy orange like substance. I’m not sure if this is normal for this guy as this is his first time going since I’ve had him. Any idea what this could be? He is about 5 1/2 ft, normal, nothing too crazy.

1 Like

Due to him not eating for you, I think that might be the same issue. What have you tried to feed him?

I’ve tried frozen and live rats so far. Now that he got that out I may try rats one more time. If nothing then I’ll try a mouse. Next would be denting the rats with chicks.

1 Like

That kinda looks like maybe an impaction. Im guessing you dont know what substrate he was kept on.

I have no idea what he was in for bedding but I did find out they were leaving him at room temp. I have him with no bedding now so I can see what’s happening and he has heat so maybe that helped him digest.