Weird urate?

Has anyone else had dark spotted urates like this? This came from a 2 y.o female that I have in quarantine. She’s currently on paper towels- I have no idea what these specks could be. She’s had 0 issues aside from being skittish

2 Likes

I can’t help much but I have a couple thoughts. How long have you had her? Did her previous owner have her on substrate? Do you still have them? If so can you cut them open, do they go all the way through or are they just a covering.

2 Likes

This is the key question right here. To me it looks like substrate, so that’s where I’d start first. If the previous owner did not have her on substrate, then I’d consider going to a vet to have a fecal analysis done.

4 Likes

The one in the corner looks normal obviously, so I’d wait till she goes again and see what it looks like. If it is just a one time thing anyway. I’d bet @erie-herps is right in assuming some substrate matter. You did the right thing by quarantine and using paper towels as substrate. If she has no other issues I would not handle her and wait for more to compare. Good luck!

4 Likes

no, she was on paper towels with her last breeder :confused:

2 Likes

oh man, I wish I had cut them open. it looked like a covering as it surrounded the urate- if the next one has these weird specks I’ll be sure to split it

2 Likes

Maybe the snake ate a feeder that was full of substrate? THis is weird…

3 Likes