Weirdo Aby kid

Back in '17 I paired a nice arabesque girl from Dan Brown to an aby boy from Basically Boas (out of his 2011 Ultimate Aby litter). No known hets on either side.

Wasn’t a great litter but she did deliver me two babies, an aby and an aby arabesque. I hung onto both - the arab had (and still has) great color, the aby had a bright background and had some (for lack of a better word) weirdness going on with one of his saddles.

First shed. It was more noticeable in person, but you can kind of see it in early photos. Lower body/tail saddles were faded and more purple-y, particularly in this one section.

A couple months go by and those faded saddle spots became more accentuated.

~6 months go by, the light base tone continued to lighten and the faded look spread.

And on it went over the next couple years.

And here we are today, closing in at 5 years.

Not sure what’s going on here but it’s been pretty cool to watch. Hoping he produces some interesting stuff for me in the future.

16 Likes

Looks cool so far. But the last 5 pictures are not loaded for me.

4 Likes

Yep, I cannot see them. Try uploading them again :smiley: From what I can see they look great though!

2 Likes

It is like the opposite of IMG! I am interested :joy:.

7 Likes

Oh my gosh he’s gorgeous!

4 Likes

That is really interesting. I hope he helps you reproduce this oddity. What ever you end up working him into I wish you good luck.

4 Likes

I imagine that dark morphs would be incredible to watch the change happen in.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s so cool. Looking at the first and last pics side by side I almost can’t believe it’s the same snake!!

3 Likes

I figgured it out :thinking:! I think all it means is that you leave the kiddo out in the sun to much, you know kinda like how the sun fades tattoos over time!! J/k j/k! Beautiful :snake: and am excited to see where this goes.

6 Likes

The last 5 pictures are still not showing up for me. It might just be a problem on my end if everyone else can see them.

4 Likes

I see 11 pics total, so I guess it’s on your end.

4 Likes

Your boa reminds me of Sharon Moore (AKA) Boawoman first caramel boa a little. It’s more like a ghost version of it.
This is an old picture, Sharon sent me years ago when she produced the first one.

It will be fun seeing what you produce from him.

Take care
Tom

6 Likes

Crazy faded baby. Did the BWC have red eyes or is that just the flash?
I guess what’s weird about my boy is that he was born pretty normal looking and then seemed to lose melanin over time. Did she send you any more BWC pics?

1 Like

I was thinking that too, plus your baby as an adult doesn’t look like a BWC.

I am not sure about the eyes, but I think it’s from the flash. Your boas tail looks a lot like this one.

So yours could be some type of T+ albino. Check out some of the other VPI T+ boas for sale on boa classifieds.

It also seems to be the opposite of the IMG genetics. Instead of getting darker, it gets lighter as it gets older.

I wish it was mine it would be fun proving it out and mixing it with other morphs.

Take care
Tom

3 Likes

I actually think T+ Albino would be a great guess for that. Definitely check that out. :slight_smile:

Yeah, he looks more T+ than my VPI T+ kids, hilariously enough.

4 Likes

Another photo update on this guy. Pleased that the weather is nice now!

6 Likes