Well I'm stupid... possible dual sire clutch

So, I forgot that early on in our breeding season there was a miscommunication between myself and my boyfriend. He accidentally put our boy Eribus (chocolate mahogany butter) in with Ammut (leopard lemonblast), but said there was no lock seen prior to removing him.
Now we know there’s a possibility he could have sired some of the hatchlings.
Is it possible Ammut has extra genes? Maybe :woman_shrugging:t2:
Is it possible there was a lock that we missed between Ammut and Eribus? Yes🤦🏻‍♀️
So now I have two possible fathers, either Eribus (chocolate mahogany butter) or Hades (enchi fire pastel orange dream).
And mom who is supposed to be leopard pastel pinstripe

Dam, Ammut, leopard lemonblast

![IMG_20230604_094118|666x500](upload://vzs3TKy2eKtuJkkAytW9TiMZsqx.jpeg

Possible Sire 1, Eribus, chocolate mahogany butter

Possible Sire 2, Hades, enchi fire pastel orange dream

Babies right after hatching… they are all deep in shed now, new pictures will come when they have shed

Any help with possible I’d is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

9 Likes

Can we get pictures in daylight? Stood next to a window maybe?

5 Likes

I can get better pics of the babies once they shed. I did outside pictures of the parents. Right now everyone looks hypo😂

4 Likes

Congrats on a lovely clutch - whoever it turns out their daddy is.

6 Likes

Beautiful clutch you have there! Congratulations on some great looking babies! :+1::blush::snake:

5 Likes

First 5 babies have shed!

11 Likes

Oh my goodness! What beauts! Nice mixture of colors! :+1::wink:

4 Likes

First of the babies are shed. Did a quick photo shoot outside

7 Likes

Next 5 have shed, only 2 to go!

8 Likes

Beautiful. Just beautiful!

3 Likes

Thank you :blush: there’s two waiting to shed and I think one has close to every gene in it

3 Likes

My mailing address is……… :joy:. Kidding of course! :blush::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Last 2 finally shed! All the people and groups that I’ve asked for help in agree that my Dam has lesser in her and they only see the Triton sire.

11(camera messed up, only got one picture)

12(extra pic because :heart_eyes:)

7 Likes

So cute! Have you chosen any holdbacks yet?

4 Likes

Yes, the last picture of the super light one is staying here. We have to think of a name for her :grin:

3 Likes

Has anyone seen the Snake Discovery YouTube video where Emily does a hatchling update where she mistakenly dual sired a clutch? Freaking hilarious. Emily: “Don’t do drugs and pair snakes.” Ed: "You should have stopped at “Don’t do drugs”. Priceless.

3 Likes

I don’t see how in the world you could make a keeper decision from all those keeper worthy babies! But the little girl you chose looks like she’s purposely posed in her picture thinking “I knew all along they would keep me…….!” Lol!

3 Likes

There’s a couple others I would keep :rofl: but this is the one everyone agrees on. I also love the crazy pattern ones

4 Likes

Choosing keepers is a hard thing sometimes. But it’s a nice problem to have!

4 Likes

Our next clutch is my most anticipated. It’s the original genes that got me interested 20 years ago plus some​:joy: it’s banana pastel mojave spider to banana pastel mojave. It was the mojave that started it all for me :grin:

6 Likes