Well, this wasn't a colour I was expecting to see!

A 20 gallon (with a very secure lid!) should be totally fine. And she’ll grow so quickly!

3 Likes

This right here, haha. 20gal is perfect for her current size, and she’ll most definitely outgrow it pretty fast the way she’s been going.

2 Likes

Yes, the lid is super secure, Kai was in this tank for a long time lol. And also I don’t mind that she will grow quickly lol :joy:.

3 Likes

Yeah, I have no doubt that you know what a secure tank should look like!

My very first snake was a baby corn and I bought a used tank that had a few small holes in the mesh lid. I figured there was no way she’d be able to even reach the holes, let alone fit through them. I was wrong! (But she did get found shortly after escaping!)

3 Likes

I took in a rescue from a police department that was abandoned/left for dead in an apartment. The feeding hatch on the tank lid was held shut with a twist tie. Figured the snake hadn’t escaped into the apartment, should be fine for a while until I could come up with something…Yeah, suffice to say I very quickly ended up installing some screen clips to keep it closed!

3 Likes

So exciting that Leakey is soon to ship! I know she’ll do great with you, Riley. I absolutely love it when people are excited about getting one of my babies. Knowing that they’ll be well-loved is just the best feeling! :heart:

4 Likes

Spent today getting things ready for Ms. Leaky to make her flight next week. Her deli and box are labeled, only a few more things left in the lead up.

3 Likes

Yay! I can’t wait!!

3 Likes

That’s so awesome that @lumpy is getting Leaky! She’s really beautiful, it’s great to see her doing so well, and I’m sure she’ll continue to thrive with her new daddy! :blush:

4 Likes

I figured if she wasn’t staying here as a holdback, she needed to go to someone who would give her the life she deserves, and I’m absolutely sure @lumpy is going to spoil her rotten. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Oh she will be lol :joy:. I can’t wait to meet her in person Jess.

2 Likes

Your girl is getting the VIP treatment to ensure she gets to you safely. Hand delivered to the airport FedEx.

2 Likes

I am super happy to hear that lol :joy:

2 Likes

I figure the airport location means less steps to getting her on her plane. :rofl: Plus it’s just as close as the location I normally use, anyways.

2 Likes

I love to know that she is coming from a loving home.

2 Likes

Decided to grab another comparison photo before Ms. Leaky leaves (and to get in some few final snek snuggles) because this one is pretty crazy. You may remember Sneaky as Leaky’s first bin mate. I had to separate them after it became clear who was going to be an eater and who was a little slower on the uptake.

5 Likes

I totally get this😂 I am 16 and I have 42 baby corn snakes currently and I got to say the amount of food they go through is astonishing, lol.

3 Likes

Pretty contrast there with Leakey and Sneaky.

4 Likes

It’s a bit misleading, Sneaky is due to shed any day so looking much darker than normal.

2 Likes