What are the most inquisitive reptiles?

Hey! Wanted to discuss what you guys think the most curious/inquisitive reptiles are! Ones that are excited about new things, come out to observe you or interact with you out of interest, or just seem generally thoughtful about how they interact with their surroundings.

From my understanding tegus, monitors, and tortoises are extremely curious, but I’m interested in hearing about other reptiles like this!

9 Likes

I have heard that certain types of Indigo snakes are super inquisitive and human oriented.

Another definite on the list would be bearded dragons for sure!

Unfortunately I have neither! :cry:

7 Likes

My adult female leopard gecko is very curious about what is going on in the reptile room. As is our bearded dragon.

6 Likes

Actually my little crestie, Mim, will watch my dog Rudy and I when we are in our room……:blush:

6 Likes

Retics can be very inquisitive, also most species of iguanas too!

7 Likes

My Texas rat snake and northern blue tongue skink love to go “people watching.”

My blue tongue skink really does seem intelligent. You can just tell by the look in his eyes and the way he looks around.

My 1.1 pair of American toads are also extremely interactive. Not that bright at all but will come straight up to the glass and beg for attention (by that I mean mostly food) and are just super fun. How can you not love them?!

7 Likes

Not reptiles but jumping spiders are extremely inquisitive and curious!

9 Likes

All my boas watch me and anyone who is in my room.

7 Likes

the most inquisitive creatures I have interacted with are Emerald Tree Skinks. THey really do run to the glass to see if you will let them out to run all over you.

7 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s typical for the species, but my blood python is quite inquisitive. She likes to poke her head out and watch me when she hears me moving around, and likes to come out and explore the big, wide world of my bedroom.

She’s not a fan of my cats, though. If she senses them nearby, she goes back into hiding. :joy:

5 Likes

Olive Pythons and Baron’s Racers

7 Likes

I definitely agree with these! They are definitely some of the big thinkers of the snake world.

6 Likes