What are you excited for?

Are you bringing home anything new and exciting soon and want to share? Or are you looking forward to some hatchlings or babies to be born this year? I wanna hear all about your herpetology related excitement.

I’ll start off by saying I just put down a down payment on a leopard ivory ball python (my mom’s christmas gift to me) and I can’t wait for it to warm up enough for him to come home!

4 Likes

I am receiving three snakes this week and am super excited to meet them!

I am getting:

1. Champagne (533g)
  2. Albino Pinstripe Banana (322g)
    .1 Spinnerblast (1350g - virgin)

I’ll post pictures when they come in! :smiley:

6 Likes

I’m excited to go NARBC Tinley here in March for the first time!
Hoping to purchase an investment snake or two depending on how much money my boyfriend and I have put aside for the trip.

I’m also in the process of paying off a near-breeding-size female pewter, which I’ll pair to my butter spinner male for a bunch of neat combo possibilities

5 Likes

I will be receiving a trio of sunset Indian sand boas when the weather gets warm enough for shipping (early March). Here are some pics from the sellers. I’ll post my own pics when I get my hands on them.

IMG_0735

I’m also on the waiting list for a pair of high-orange rough-scaled sand boas. Those won’t be born until summer.

3 Likes

Im hoping to possibly get my 1st ever reptile sometime this year. Im still not 100% sure what it will be yet but am thinking corn snake (will only go for colubrids snake wise since I cant have venomous and not into pythons or boas really) or Uromastyx (geyri or ornata) lizard. Leaning towards the Uro more since a herbivorous diet will work better given my circumstances. Im hoping maybe late summer early fall before it gets too cold.

4 Likes

Thats one heck of a sand boa, wow

1 Like

They get big too. I’ve seen some females that are like 4.5 ft

2 Likes

I’m also really excited to get a head start on producing them, since one of the females is already 3yo. Unlike most other sand boas that usually breed at two years for males and 3-4 for females, Indians don’t breed until 3yrs for males and 5yrs for females. So I’m hoping to have them up to breeding size by 2022.

2 Likes

Here’s one more sand boa I’m excited about him. I just sent payment for him tonight.

He’s a Bell snow splash tiger. 37.5% rufescens. I intend to pair him with my anery het albino splash female next year.

1 Like

@annakirby Your collection is growing FAST!!!

1 Like

@zooophagous LOVE IVORY! (My fav) You’re gonna be stoked with that leopard. Congrats!

2 Likes

I’m excited to start my collection of these guys and personally see the differences between them with my own eyes… especially as they grow.

Here is the little girl we bought yesterday and we’re going to see another today:

She is a Enchi (145g) from @1gra1 and absolutely beautiful. We named her Bow because she has a little dicky-bow on her neck.

4 Likes

I feel like it’s growing rather slowly ha-ha.

1 Like

The snakes have arrived and I have a few questions…

First, the albino pinstripe banana. Is this dude starved or what is going on with his back?

I first thought maybe burns or rat Mark’s, but it’s only on him. What do you think? Can get more pics if needed. He was very active once outta the bag.

Here’s the champagne dude. I’d say he definitely has something wrong with him neurologically. I’ll have to wait a while and see if maybe it was due to stress of travel or if it’s actually him.

Lastly the Spinnerblast I was SUPER anxious about because of her spider gene. Seems to be doing pretty good. Have not seen a wobble or anything as I’ve peeked at her tub. I’m picking up an adult rack system at NARBC in February so right now she’s in a homemade tub. I didnt know what I was expecting size wize for this female and OH MY GOD. ITS A BIG SNAKE. Lol I’m a bit intimidated of her, not gonna lie. Well hell I’m intimidated by the 500g champagne dude as well. Its definitely different growing them up and watching them grow instead of just purchasing a larger snake.

4 Likes

Probably just rubbed his back crawling out of his tub or something would be my guess. Stress of travel. Check for mites/obvious infections and give the usual 5-7 days with no disruptions except changing water and see how they look. Nice snakes!

2 Likes

I’d say I’m most excited about having my first babies ever! I’ve never bred snakes before and a local breeder handed me a project he was working on so hopefully it all goes well!

5 Likes

I can’t wait to see your future posts from your first clutch @bluefeathurs!

2 Likes

@annakirby , I can’t wait to show them! Hopefully I can get a normal to breed to either a scaleless head male or my pastel GHI if he’s big enough.

3 Likes

I’m excited that several places I’ve seen that offer Chinese cave geckos (g. Hainanesis) should have hatchlings ready for sale mid June! I’ve been looking all over for one :lizard:

1 Like