What are your breeding projects?

This is my confirmed pairings as of yet. Also pairing childrens and house snakes.

5 Likes

That pattern less ksb is just unbeliveable!!! You have to give those hypo kenyans some camera love also!

3 Likes

That’s actually the only Patternless specimen I have in my collection. The Patternless appearance is not actually a separate morph, but rather a phase of the Stripe morph. Patternless individuals usually only occur in high % Rufescens pairings. Sometimes they start life with a little pattern and then lose it, as the female in the photo did.

Just for @rdurha1, here is “Opal,” a 2020 Hypo Stripe het Anery Kenyan Sand Boa. Note the bright orange head.

4 Likes

Hmmm lets see. My current projects are,
First and closest are snow stripe Kenyan sand boas with my female being probally 1 year away from proper breeding weight.
Secondly in about 2 years my 1.2 group of Saharan Sand Boas should be ready to breed, im especially excited about this project because there are almost no captive breed animals avaiable. They are an awsome little species that are largely unknown to the reptile community and i would love to produce them so that they can be offered in a ecologically sustainable way!
And lastly years down the road I hope to produce Abrasque IMG Khal Sunglow BI’s because I think they would look freaking awsome!!!

4 Likes

This thread had a lot of replies, lol. These are all great pairings I hope to see the offspring from them. @westridge Your sand boas are stunning! You have some super nice combos.
@akmorphs Those are a lot of pairings, especially for your second season.

2 Likes

Would love to hear them :slight_smile:

Dreamsicles are my primary passion!

I’m aiming to incorporate the best dominant mutations that are proven to work well in the combo. Namely enchi, yellowbelly, pastel, confusion, blackhead, leopard, orange dream, etc.

I’m also on the lookout for the best 3rd recessive to plug into the project and layer into those useful dominants. Out of all the recessives I think sunset may have the most potential but I’ve heard reports of it (lav/sunset) being produced and it not being as intense as expected. Clown may be a good route
but I’m hoping for something a little more “outside the box”. Something as simple as hypo may even boost color more than we expect, I only know of one potential hypo lav that looks amazing but the jury is still out. In the mean time I’m growing up my army of dreamsicle combos and building infrastructure (caging, rats, new house, etc) while I wait patiently for the perfect recessive.

This season I paired my pastel dreamsicle male with 4 females (pastel dreamsicle, dreamsicle, YB pied het lav, and pied) and all those pairings are looking promising.

Male

Females

I expanded with these two males as well.

The first one is a confusion blackhead lav possible het pied with strong tracks that I believe will prove out. He has been an extremely good eater and is already courting females.

The second one is an ODYB Leopard Enchi Pied that I dont anticipate being ready for breeding until late this year or early next year. Power packed from top Ozzy bloodlines.

In addition I have a small side project with Ultramel. I love ultramel clowns but didn’t want to invest heavily into it right now focusing my attention on dreamsicles. Leopard enchi clown male has locked up with an ultramel female 3 or 4 times, looking promising.

I have some great females lined up for next season as well. Season 1 I had only 2 females breeding (went 2/2 on clutches). This season, season 2, I’ll have 6 to 8 pairings. Season 3 will be 14+ pairings. Each season of expansion and new combos has me very excited and I can’t wait to see where things are at in 3 years or so!

Pastel YB Dreamsicle female (around 800g currently)

YB Dreamsicle female (also around 800g)

Additional projects I’d like to get into are DG Clown and Monarch combos. Even though they’re fairly similar to lavender I also love both rainbow and candy mutations. Focused on dreamsicles right now though.

4 Likes

I would love to see a ultramel dreamsicle (ultramel is my favorite recessive there is)

We’ll see how the season turns out. I am moving in two months, and hopefully none of my females will reabsorb.

I cut my het monsoon x het monsoon clutch yesterday and I did hit a visual. Unfortunately it didn’t fully develop and was dead in the egg. I might have a pin monsoon, but we’ll have to see when it crawls out. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Hopefully all goes well! I’m planning on moving sometime this summer hopefully :crossed_fingers: and decided not to pair anybody this year to make things easier

I only have one female hognose that’s up to size this year. She’s a single gene Arctic. I’m hoping to pair her to my Arctic albino super conda. But she’s untrustworthy and I’m not comfortable leaving a male in for extended periods.

2 Likes

It would look like an incredibly pale Dreamsicle.

Think of it like this:

• Fill one cup with 300mL of Coke - This is wild-type pigmentation
  • Fill a second cup with 100mL of Coke and 200mL of water - This is Ultramel (dark pigment ~30% WT)
  • Fill a third cup with 30mL of Coke and 270mL of water - This is Lav (dark pigment ~10% WT)
  • Fill a fourth cup with 30mL of Coke and 270mL of water, pour out 200mL and then add back 200mL of water - This is Lav Ultramel (dark pigment ~3% WT)
2 Likes

So far, I’ve had two confirmed pairings.

1. Caramel Ghost Stripe ph Amel (Baldr) x Amel Stripe het Anery, Caramel (Tulip). It is his first season, testing het. May well produce cubes as his sire has done so, and this female has also.
  2. Upper Keys Diffused Caramel het Amel, Motley or Stripe (Artephius) x Amber (Esperanza). Haven’t paired him in a few years. He’s a bit of a senior citizen but he’s still interested, so I’m hoping he’s still fertile.
9 Likes

Oh man, i just love a good striped snake. That first pairing is lovely

2 Likes

Thank you! I have a definite soft spot for stripes. That female, Tulip, was one of my first. She was part of a 3.1 group from Kathy Love. Baldr is second generation BrightHope. This clutch should have a beautiful variety of stripes.

4 Likes