What genes are in my ball python?

What genes are in my ball python? It’s supposed to be a GHai Mojave Fire. Helppp!! I purchased it 2 weeks ago, but im not sure if it is what they said. I don’t have photos from the parents.

4 Likes

I’m not seeing GHI at all here, it looks like some type of lesser/butter combo

6 Likes

I would agree with @chesterhf , I personally don’t see ghi here. Ghi Mojave is going to look a lot different than that. Here’s a ghi Mojave pastel I produced 2 seasons ago as an example

4 Likes

Very nice looking ball python there!

2 Likes

But remember, Flavio didn’t just say Mojave GHI. they also said fire.

Fire itself can be pretty polymorphoc… when you add it to a mojave GHI? Here’sa few from a quick search on the market. Fire can change the color to that dusky lesser look.

That still doesn’t quite solve Op’s mystery though…

It looks like @wreckroomsnakes may have had some experience with this pairing as well? Maybe Mary can offer some insight

@flavio13 Do you know what the parent pairing was at least? Is it possible to reach the breeder for parent info?

5 Likes

If you were told it was GHI Mojave Fire I see nothing that would counter that. GHI can express in wildly different ways, especially with fire. It has what I call the “puzzle piece” look on the dorsal that is consistent with a GHI mixed with the BEL complex and has the color change I would expect to be consistent with Fire in combo with those genes. Keep in mind there are several lines of Fire and if that one happens to be from the LSR line I would very specifically expect that level of bright.

3 Likes

Does not look like any of the ghi mojave fire i have made in the past. I would contact the person you purchased from and find out more info.

5 Likes

Also if you could maybe get pics in more of a natural lighting.

2 Likes

I do think it has butter, i found this on MorphMarket .

The problem is that they were a 3rd party seller, so they don’t know the info about the parents.

1 Like

@themorphranch were you the 3rd party seller? Cause wow you pulled up the listing for this boy fast! I can see the matching pattern on the neck stripe

The parent listing does bring up possible lesser not Mojave as @chesterhf and @nswilkerson1 think…or the possibility of OD along with fire might explain the fade on this boy.

No, But MM has this cool search feature where you plus in the morph and you can limit it to the number of genes. :wink: People are saying they dont see GHI, I wanted to give OP an example of an animal that looks like theirs with GHI in it.

1 Like

Thanks it is really helpful.

Oh I know about the features. But that actually does look like it IS op’s snake. The pattern matches down the dorsal stripe. That’s why I asked.

i would say lesser over mojave :woman_shrugging: :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes