What is a reptile you would NEVER own, and why?

Yeah, I found a little one last week when I was digging around in the dirt for the naturalist class I teach at work. I also found a millipede, so I scooped them both into little containers and showed people the differences between them.

I’ve always thought that centipedes kind of look like demonic millipedes. Like if a millipede made some sort of Faustian deal with the devil to be more dangerous and intimidating. :joy:

1 Like

oh and I forgot to mention that I won’t keep ostriches. Emus are better

2 Likes

Millipedes are like nice Seth Brundle before the teleporter accident, and centipedes are like the horrific end-stage Brundlefly.

3 Likes

Obessed with the idea that the devil was absolutely ready to make a deal with a lil bug with too many legs

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, the bearded seal joke caught me off guard :joy:

1 Like
  • Hots

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

7 Likes

AKA medically significant. AKA the first thing Travis listed :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I need to add to my list!!

I’ll have to say, bearded dragons…I’m not hating on ANYBODY that owns them, I think they’re beautiful and pretty cool creatures, but they’re really not the reptile for me. My friend has 8 of them though! :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I’m more of a tegu person :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I think this scene needs to be made into an art piece by you. :wink:

3 Likes

You just gotta reiterate it, just in case :joy: :skull:

2 Likes

Oh I’ve gotta do this at some point now hahaha!!

3 Likes

Please, reiterate as often and loudly as you want

Especially with “industry leaders” doing asinine things like posting intentional bite pics from animals that are known to have caused significant cases but acting like it is fun or that they are doing it for “educational purposes”

No responsible keeper or real educator would every allow themselves to be intentionally bitten by ANY kind of venomous animal

The best hot keepers I know are embarrassed and ashamed of themselves any time they have taken a bite, even minor* ones

*(there are no “minor” bites when dealing with hots)

7 Likes

Some people are literally do anything for a “laugh”………dumb a***s

2 Likes

Anything venomous or poisonous for obvious reasons, most bugs, frogs/turtles/ salamanders/ axolotls etc. I just don’t do well with aquatic pets. And of course dangerous stuff like alligator and crocodile. Oh and giat snakes like burms and retics. I like gators and burms but they’re just too big for me to own.

2 Likes