What Is the Largest Milk Snake/King Snake

I was wondering What the biggest King Snakes and Milk Snakes are when I say that I mean the kind of snake Thats gets the biggest sorry Im new to this and It might not make a lot of sense

Black milk snakes, Andean milk snakes, and Honduran milk snakes get pretty big. Black milk snakes and Andean getting the biggest.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Black Milksnake (San Antonio Zoo Line preferably)

1 Like

Are they on mm?

There is a milksnake section https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/reptiles/colubrids/milk-snakes/index

Availability varies some species are harder to find compare to other and a lot of people also have a late season this year.

1 Like

Ok Thanks :slight_smile:

I’m kinda “bumping” this thread cuz it only got half answered, perhaps? Is that black milk snake still biggest with kingsnakes included in the mix or are there larger kingsnake species?

@dlhirst Milk snakes are a subspecies of king snakes. They are all part of the Lampropeltis genus.

The largest species on king snake is L. getula getula or the Eastern king snake.

Thanks. I understood the milk snake / king snake relationship… That “sub-species” scenario left a loophole that has now been closed.

@dlhirst I mean, all king snakes are subspecies. The only reason milk snakes aren’t called king snakes (even though they are kingsnakes) is because we didn’t feel like naming them such. The black milk snake is still the largest of the many subspecies. Just google “milk snake” and it will say they are a species of king snake, and that the higher classification is king snake. (In other words they are king snakes with a common name being milk snake).

1 Like