What is this glorious creature?!- Rain Frogs

I must know everything about them! What is the species?

12 Likes

Is that a Mozambique rain frog?

7 Likes

I’m not the best with frogs but I believe it is.

6 Likes

Yes, I owned them a few years back. It is that species.

3 Likes

Yes it is. Sadly they are only available wild caught as no one has cracked the code on how to breed em yet. To my knowledge at least.

3 Likes

Are they a difficult species to keep?

3 Likes

No, they a re kept basically the exact temp and humidity as a tree frog, but with the enclosure set up on ground level and not on branches. They also need to be kept in groups of the same gender, or two females one male. At least a 20 gallon as well is needed. They eat crickets and mine ate earth and mealworms for extra protein. Mine lived for a while as well. They can get noisy but I would compare them to tree frogs generally *

8 Likes

OMG! I need these in my life!
Someone needs to start breeding them because I want them.

2 Likes

The small one’s face which I assume is male is just so cute.

I may need someone to physically hold me back from getting one.

2 Likes

I just feel like squeezing their cheeks (or sides? Who knows.) and taking them everywhere with me. I really need them in my life. :rofl:

5 minute update: I have already saved this picture and made it my desktop background, Office profile picture, and printed it out 5 times and posted them randomly around the house. This frog will soon take over my life.

5 Likes

Kindof how I felt when I found them on insta.

2 Likes
9 Likes

That is amazing. When someone starts breeding them I may get one. They just seem like so much fun lol

1 Like

I have a friend who is thinking about it, but she lives in Italy, so… There is the problem lol :cry:

1 Like

Haha yeah we may have a while to wait for those then. But if she cracks the code we need to know :grin:

2 Likes

I’ll let you guys know lol, she was thinking about next year, and has enough o breed as well. Too many for me :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

That is adorable

1 Like

Now i really really want some. Best place to look??

1 Like

It’s eyeballs creep me out.

2 Likes

Yes its stares dig deeply into your soul. In the BBC video it looks like a mixture between ET and a goat. The frog on the bottom of the picture looks scary as well, but the small one on top is absolutely adorable.
For whatever reason the small top frog reminds me of a grumpy 4yr old toddler :grin:

4 Likes