What is this guy?

Was told this dude is a Pastave Champagne but I feel like there’s got to be something else going on here. Looks almost pied.

Going to be a bit until he’s up to weight to start breeding and then maybe I can find out for sure but I thought some of you might want to take a look.

2 Likes

Champagne is known to throw ringers a lot. When you add things like pastel, fire, and a few other genes it increases the chance for ringers. It isn’t pied, or genetic for that matter. Chances are none of his offspring will have ringers, or as much of a ringer as him. From the color, pastave champagne sounds about right.

1 Like

There is also a off chance its het for pied or something. Het pied champagnes look like pieds. But like what @ashleyraeanne they do tend to throw ringers alot so yeah the guy you got him from is on point with the identification

1 Like

As @ashleyraeanne said, Champaign is known to throw out “pied” ringers.

Here are a couple from Morphmarket, all of which are not pied.

3 Likes

It’s very common for champagne to have extreme ringer which in those cases have nothing to do with being het pied.

1 Like

Wow, I’m glad you asked the question. I never knew Champagnes threw ringers or that it was common. That’s actually very interesting, and I wonder why they do :thinking:

Super interesting about the ringers. Thanks for the info, everyone!

This is my first experience with champagne so I had no idea they could have such extreme white areas. Planning on pairing him with my Pastave Trick female in 2020.

1 Like

Another cool and yet weird thing is that champagne pieds are all white. At least from the ones I have seen

1 Like