What is your favorite species/type of Gecko?

Oh, let’s see, Leopard geckos, Crested geckos, Gargoyle geckos, African Fat-tailed geckos, Day geckos, Leaf-tailed geckos, Cave geckos, Viper geckos or Tokay geckos. :thinking: Yeah, I’m not picking one.

5 Likes

I love the strophurus species, especially the northern spiny tail and the golden tail!

1 Like

Didn’t think I would love geckos as much as I do. The wife was very interested in them and started out with a leopard gecko. Very cool girl. So I got a leopard gecko, PJ. She has a couple of cresties. Now I want like ALL of the cresties. And I want to start breeding when I get our reptile room back from our grandson. And now we have a giant day gecko. She’s pretty cool but hands off, the same with my white line gecko.

But yeah, crested geckos all the way.

But I still browse through the “Other Geckos” board on the marketplace and pick out all the other ones I want.

I think I’m getting addicted. And the snakes know somehow.

3 Likes

Strophurus is my current fave

1 Like

I adore leachies. Their loose skin is adorable, as is their large size and heavy build. They remind me of a bloodhound in lizard form, I love it! Plus I’m kinda amused by the way the females tend to act like the jealous girlfriend from hell (though I’m sure it’s not so funny when they actually succeed in killing a male for “cheating” with another female).

I’d love to keep one some day. They’re probably the only gecko species I know of that strongly interests me in that sense (I think plenty of other geckos are cute/pretty/interesting, but they don’t really call to me in terms of having one of my own). I just hope their price eventually goes down a bit once more people are successfully breeding them and supply eventually catches up with demand.