What is your most expensive (rare) boa? 💸

So I am creating this topic for my boa people! As my of you know my most recent investment into my future boa business, Willow (anery (type 1) Sterling), was $2500 and I got her for $2250. I am just curious at what everybody has or produced.

For tax :

25 Likes

Beautiful boa Lumpy!

Most of my boas are in the range of $500-1000, but this beautiful guy was $1350. I really love him (and his genetics) and he is going to spawn some awesome projects. He is a VPI Pink Panther Roswell Ladder Tail

20 Likes

I love what VPI can do in so many combos. He looks buttery, right? What is your plan with him?

3 Likes

Yeah that must be the pink panther. I want to breed him to my hypo blood, my sharp Sunglow Arabesque, my IMG VPI pp and maybe later later to a leopard. Can you Imagine the combos when you breed those litters back (some hets to create visuals)! It’s not that I just want to stack genes for the hell of it, but can you imagine a VPI blood RLT, or a VPI IMG RLT or a VPI Sunglow Arabesque RLT. I would really love to find out how those combos work out! Or VPI leopard also very interesting. As far is I know a lot of these haven’t been hit yet. So we’ll see :grin:

4 Likes

Now that would be an incredible sight! I agree I think the pink panther is adding that smoothness.

2 Likes

Are two genes that you plan to specialize with VPI and RLT?

2 Likes

Not specific. I’ll just breed what I think is cool and when I have the first few litters I probably can decide what lines I will start. First just try everything I think is cool haha

2 Likes

That is definitely a good way to start! You will definitely build up a collection.

1 Like

My only boa constrictor is my normal girl Bessie :rofl:

She was… like $100-$150 I think :joy::joy:

9 Likes

She is getting bigger!

2 Likes

I have done some trades for some of my boas over the years. Sometime I trade baby boas, cages or display cases. Got my first albino, genetic striped het albino boa and my sunglow motley jungle boa from trades.

My biggest trade was 25 sunglows for one boa and $4,000 cash. Did even know what the sunglow motley jungle was worth then. But I really wanted him and the guy really wanted all my sunglows.

Now I only trade boas for boas. Don’t really make cages or displays anymore.

When you produce your own boas and don’t buy them you have room to trade and price them cheap so both party’s have room for resale. However I have never sold any boa I traded stuff for. That’s why I traded in the first place because I really wanted the boa.

Take care
Tom

4 Likes

She is! Slowly but surely. Still a big puppy dog though haha, I can’t wait until she’s full grown!

2 Likes

Used to have a nice collection of snow, albino BI plus a pair of Argentine boas. Got out of the hobby about 20 years ago and trusted a friend who owned a reptile buisness to deliver my collection to a buyer in Miami. I just wanted 10k for the entire lot, the rest no matter how much would be his to keep. He never returned. As for now as were getting back in our most expensive is Rosalie, a 3rd generation female of BC from the FLRT line directly from the breeder which cost 1250.00. And she turned a year old yesterday.

8 Likes

She is truly worth it! She is beautiful. It is horrible that someone did that to you, I am sorry.

1 Like

Thanks man. Money can cause people to do strange things. Karma catches up sooner or later. I feel blessed to have the opportunity I have now though.

2 Likes

Still it is not right. I am happy that you can see it with a good light. I hope that more opportunities come your way.

2 Likes

I’m much calmer these days lumpy, lol. 20 years ago not so much! Lol. But again, thank you.

2 Likes

I remember when you couldn’t get a motley for under 15k from Jeremy stone. Its amazing to see the wonderful boas produced with the motley pattern.

2 Likes

While I have a female or two that I value higher due to age and rarity, this guy was deffo the most expenso

14 Likes

I don’t have anything special but because I haven’t had many boas I think my Nicaraguan dwarf is pretty special. She is a normal but female subadult dwarf boas are hard to come by. I got her for 450 but she was going for 600. I know you guys have animals in the thousands and they are absolutely beautiful but my girl is special in my eyes :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is a normal baby as well

8 Likes