What kind of frog/Toad should i ger

Hi. I have gotten into reptiles in the last year. I adore my corn snake and leopard gecko. Now my husband is interested in a frog. I have no idea where to start this one. He kind of likes the idea of a pac man frog. I dont think he will like that. He is a nerd (yes he is-dont argue). He likes the idea to get one and decorate the enclosure like a pack man game. Hes not getting the idea that he will probably never see it much. I do knkw i will end up being the person setting it up and eventually taking care if it. I like dart frogs. Any ideas for us? I want fairly easy to care for. No ponds (ick). I would like something that i can integrate with my reptiles. Thanks so much

1 Like

Toads! I have a pair of American toads (fingers crossed they breed for me this year) and they are absolutely amazing! While I did have a bit of trouble establishing one of mine, that is pretty rare and shouldn’t be an issue. They are surprisingly active and extremely fun to watch. They are just tiny goofballs packed with tons of personality. Mine will actually run to the front of the glass and beg for some food.

1 Like

Yeah he needs to fully understand what owning a Frog is like- and the lack of handling. If he still wants one, a Pacman frog is… something like a colorful hungry pet rock, I understand.
It sounds like something at least active enough to be interesting to watch might work best.
I’d say have him watch some of Clint’s Reptiles Best Pet top 5 videos, and his species specific frog videos, to get a little look at which pets have which pros and cons.

If the animal will not be HIS but YOURS, You need to choose it because if he’s not committed to the care of the animal I wouldn’t get it at all unless it is something YOU are dying to have.

1 Like

I eill look into them. Thanks

I will be just as happy with whatever he chooses. I just think that a pacman will not be the best. I think like you said its more like a pet rock ish. I would be perfectly fine if thats what he wants though. I just want something he will enjoy. He wont be an active person on sites like this though. Hes too shy. So setting up will be me due to a disability but feeding and such will be him. I guess i meant we would share it. Thanks for advice friend

1 Like