What lizard is this?

2 Likes

First of all we need some background information. I’m assuming you found this outside in the wild. Where are you located and about where did you see this (dense forests, city park, etc.)

Is it a small lizard? If so it kind of reminds me of a brown anole

2 Likes

ok well, i saw this on a page from a pet shelter so i have no background on this thing just this pic, it was only 5 dollars, but i could not find a pic that looked like it, but i live in buffalo so it is not local, but i have been trying to get a lizard and i wanted to know what kind it was before i got it

2 Likes

i thought that it was maybe some kind of baby, but it dose look like a brown anole

1 Like

At first I was wondering if it were a brown anole and I did some research. Brown anoles have a light colored dorsal stripe along their back. I’m thinking it could be a fence lizard.

bruh i wish i knew because i wanna buy it but i wanna know what it is first,

1 Like

By Request, Fence Lizard – Lee Duigon

yeah maybe, but are fence lizards good pets

1 Like

Yes, they can. They get about 7 inches long and they’re easy to take care of.

you think a 10 gallons tank is fine

Fence lizards are pretty active and 10 gallons doesn’t give one much room to move, so no. We aren’t even 100% on what it is, so I wouldn’t get it if you can’t guarantee you will be able to give it proper care. Better pictures would help with an ID. There are also a few similar fence lizards.

2 Likes

If you are looking to get a lizard, do research on ones that interest you, and don’t just shoot for bottom of the barrel prices. Not doing proper preparation will lead to failure. I wouldn’t be surprised if the lizard is wild caught either.

2 Likes

I totally agree with Ashley, make sure that this is the right pet you want. It is likely wild caught and you aren’t 100% sure on the species. However if it is a fence lizard it needs at least a 20 gallon enclosure. The more specific care will depend on the species.

2 Likes

That is definitely a Brown Anole (Anolis sagrei), not a Fence Lizard (genus Sceloporus). Brown Anoles are invasive in the USA so legal to keep if you want. Plenty of care info online. Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes