What morph could this be?

So this is my 3 year old male ball python, he’s a tad over 1k grams. I have had my suspicions as to what morph he is and figured why not ask on morphmarket? Sadly I didn’t get the chance to take updated photos so these are a bit old, if I remember to and get the chance to take good ones I will. With every shed he seems to get a bit darker black/brown in the “void” between the aliens and the spots on his back except for the blushing but his “aliens” and other splotches get brighter (even a bit silver farther down his body especially on one stripe that you can see in the first photo pretty well). He has holographic/iridescence that has gotten stronger, not like a brazilian rainbow boa but still very noticeable under lighting and especially under his UVB but sadly not able to be captured with photos well.
NOTE: This bp was purchased, I do not have information on the parent snakes and the bp was listed as a normal but I and others have had doubts that this is really a normal
BEANS 3

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas! I love those pictures, especially the top one! I am not a morph expert so someone else will come along with answers. However you may be asked to provide pictures in different lighting.

3 Likes

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you too! I will provide the lighting I am able, sadly it’s starting to get too cold out for him to be out there. Holding him near a window might be a substitute for that. I will try to take better and new pictures soon, preferably tomorrow!

3 Likes

Fancy seeing you here! Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately I also have no idea what he could be, there are too many BP morphs that look identical to me lol. Hopefully someone else can help you.

4 Likes

Oh hey there! It’s nice to see someone I recognize.

2 Likes

The first pic make him look like a pastel but the second makes him look like a normal.

I feel that he is just a nice bright normal but maybe @armiyana @banereptiles can help

2 Likes

Ty for the tag!
I’m thinking bright normal from the photos. But who knows if there’s a recessive het involved that’s messing with it too. The little bit of a headstamp and especially the start of the dorsal pattern are really neat.
For the recessives the best way to know for sure is through testing sheds with RGI

6 Likes

I’ve thought of doing that, just seeing if something can be found through photos first.

2 Likes

The first picture was in more-so natural lighting, the second was in dim/warm lighting. I’m going to try to take better photos tonight if I get the chance.

2 Likes

Hey btw and just out of curiosity, is his name Beans? :face_with_monocle::blush:

2 Likes

Yep! Fits his personality in a way too. :smile:

4 Likes

I don’t think I mentioned on the other forum, I decide to name that sunglow boa Jellybean…

Because I lied and told my mum I was going to the shop for snacks, then she asked me to get her jellybeans… I came back with one Jellybean at least :rofl: :sweat_smile:

Anyway, it’s fun that we both have a bean themed snake now :grin:

3 Likes

Wait, are you two mother and child?

2 Likes

:rofl: No no, my mum and @beansthebp are two different people, I just thought it was funny I ended up giving my snake a similar name to theirs. I wish my mum also liked snakes, she just tolerates them as long as they stay in my room and I pay for them. I think the two of us are roughly the same age actually.

3 Likes

Haha! that made me laugh, and personally a snake named jellybean is much better than actual jellybeans. On the other hand I had a hamster named jellybean and he was not a very fun hamster.

3 Likes

My husband and your mum sound a whole lot alike! :joy:

3 Likes

You should go buy another snake and name it “Wieners”! :joy:

And I too had a snake named Jellybean @indico!

2 Likes

It’s a great name! Her colours are almost as bright as an orange jellybean so it fits

2 Likes

My dad rescued a boa constrictor (stunted and emaciated, layers upon layers of stuck shed, passed away a year or two ago sadly due to unknown reasons) and named him Frank, so Beans and Franks. He was a nice boa!

2 Likes

Ahhhhh! Ok I didn’t think about Frank! And bless your dad! :heart:

2 Likes