What morph do I have?

We adopted this guy a couple months ago, and he’s still pretty young! We were wondering what kind of morph he was, or what to call it!

3 Likes

Aaawwwww! He is adorable! I love his little tongue sticking out! I know nothing about morphs but he looks like he has some red coloring though. Someone will come along with answers. @ghoulishcresties will probably be able to help you…… but he is a cute little boy! :lizard::+1::sunglasses:

3 Likes

He’s a phantom, their base-colour can be difficult to tell when they’re still tiny, but if you know what his parents looked like that might give you an idea :blush:

2 Likes

He/she is a lovely phantom with brindle and reverse pinning also!

Defo get some parent pics, but going by markings I’d say Quadstripe was in lines somewhere.

Worth pairing to a phantom quad :black_heart:

3 Likes

Oh whoa, I had no idea! Thats so cool, thank you so much!

We sadly can’t get pics of the parents… A friend gave him to me and just told me he came from petsmart a few months ago! Who knows where the parents are from at that point! :pensive:

2 Likes

That’s so cool; I had no idea! I thought he might have just been a normal/standard crestie! Thank you so much!

We can’t get pics of his parents though sadly; we inherited him from a friend who told us just now that he got him from petsmart a few months ago :pensive:

1 Like

Thank you! The lil tongue pic is probably my favorite of him! I’m so attached to this little weirdo :joy:
I’m getting good answers, and its so exciting!

1 Like

Such a cute frogbut (no tail) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I wouldn’t recommend breeding this gecko but yes he or she is a phantom reverse pin brindle.

Cresties are amazing, congrats :star_struck: have you thought of a name?

1 Like

No problem! Normal isn’t really a thing when it comes to crestie morphs, since they’re polygenic - Even the most “standard” ones carry at least 3 genes, black base, tigering, and either orange pattern or white pattern (:

2 Likes

In the uk many list Harley’s as ‘normals’ or patternless.

As said there’s no ‘normal’ Crestie.

It’s all over the place with names! Hence morphpedia! Haha.

2 Likes

Maybe normal should be taken off as an option. I certainly don’t own a normal crestie, they all crazy :crazy_face::woozy_face::rofl:

3 Likes

Oh for sure! We wouldn’t breed him, he’s just a cute lil guy(or gal!). No one wanted him apparently because of his lil frog butt :frowning:
We’re making custom terrarium tags and wanted to include the morphs of our reptiles, sooo I started lookin into it!

We decided to name him Iggy! My niece called him ‘icky’ from licking his eye, so Iggy just stuck :joy:

3 Likes

I love a Gecko with a tail, but I wouldn’t count out a Gecko without it as any gecko could drop their tail!

I have a little frogbut here that I’m debating about keeping :thinking:

Love the name :grin:

1 Like