What morph do you think she is? I was told axanthic

8 Likes

From what I can tell she just looks like a normal, though these pictures don’t have the best lighting.

8 Likes

I agree with Ashley, but the difference between a normal and an Axanthic isn’t huge. Mostly Axanthic are lighter body colors though. I could possibly be Axanthic and not be the typical display. Better direct lighting might help though.

7 Likes

Definitely looks normal to me, but as Ashley said, could be the lighting.

7 Likes

I’ll take some better picks here later she is up and moving again lol but she is definitely darker then my normal conda but I have read they can carry the trait but show very little sun times but she almost looks like my arctic normal I have but with darker saddles

4 Likes

Uploading: 65B216A3-E843-4A9B-939C-E141A114514E.jpeg…

4 Likes

5 Likes

The picture with the plant in it is my normal conda for reference

2 Likes

It still looks normal to me. Someone with more experience might see something I’m missing

2 Likes

She might be I am just a little thrown off with how dark she compared to other normals I have seen and there is no light yellows at all in her

2 Likes

It’s entirely possible she’s just a more brown Axanthic.

1 Like

That’s what I was reading that sometimes the gene doesn’t cause the normal black and gray I just wanted to see if anyone else has seen it before. I got her and her sister which is a albino the person I got them from said the pairing was albino het axanthic x axanthic het albino

2 Likes

They do happen, which is why I won’t rule out that she could just be one that is more brown. On the up side, even if she proved not to be visual Axanthic, she’s still het for it.

3 Likes

Our axanthic conda boys looked very brownish too as we got him. Just wait for the first shed, our turned out amazing after. Very pretty grey tones and lighter, no more browntones.

Going off axanthics online.
Yours looks like a normal as axanthic have more greyish colouring.

What does the belly look like? A normal will have yellow scales here and there whereas an axanthic will not. Going off of color alone it looks normal.