What morph is he ? because i'm thinking HRA

I really want to know what kind of morph he is

3 Likes

Looks to be a normal. And what do you mean by “htr” axanthic? I don’t believe that is a thing but I could be mistaken

4 Likes

Het red axanthic

2 Likes

What was he sold to you as? Also HRA is the usual abbreviation you’ll see for that gene. Just to avoid confusion

5 Likes

i got him from petco and it said ball python

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! That’s a pretty snake! If you have a chance, could you post more photos, preferably in natural daylight, with sides, belly and head so we can have a better look for identification? Congratulations!

4 Likes

There is too much dorsal pattern for me to think HRA. Looks to be a normal with merged saddles.

6 Likes

One thing i noticed is that he has a lot of key holes in his pattern

2 Likes

The chances of this snake being HRA from Petco is very small.

Definitely post better photos in case someone sees something I’m not. But I’m just seeing a normal with a busy pattern from this photo. His color is a little interesting but again… Need better lighting and photos of the whole snake

Keyholes can be pretty common in normals. Here’s one of mine and a super pastel spider lesser

2 Likes

While it’s hard to tell from the picture, I’m thinking it’s a wild type/normal. As @armiyana said, keyholes don’t neccessarily mean it’s HRA (or a morph).

This is one of my double het g-stripe, clown girls from this year and she’s full of keyholes

But for easier identification, we’d need a full picture in good lighting, like this ^

5 Likes

Looks like a normal to me, only way you’ll know for sure is pair to another HRA when older to make the super form x

2 Likes

This animal is a chain pet store pickup with no known genetics or history, it shouldn’t be bred.

3 Likes