What morph is it?

I was wondering what you would consider this one to be, harlequin or flame? It’s an oddball since it looks nothing like it’s siblings, and its basecolor is lighter. It also seems to have areas of transparentness or no coloration on its face, what is that? It might be difficult to see i pictures.

5 Likes

Harley dalmation x

4 Likes

What do you think the colourless areas on the face could be?

2 Likes

Just patterning, I have a few that also have nice head stamps/markings too :blush:

Cresties vary a lot. Not all Harley look the same or other morphs, traits etc, And if you ever breed you’ll get out babies that are nothing like parents too! So much variety and it’s amazing :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I don’t mean the grey patterning, there is like translucent looking areas/sparse scaling? Between the eyes and on the ridges between the eyes and the nostrils. Not sure if it can be seen too well on the pictures. I will mark it out.

1 Like

Definitely an oddball - A harlequin partial pinstripe with dal spots by current standards, but who knows if there’s something else going on. Both the scales on it’s face and the look of the dorsal are unusual. Since the whole mapping of their genetics is still on going, there’s a ton we don’t know yet. Could be something, could be nothing, all you can do is try and breed it out as it gets older, and keep track of the results :blush:

2 Likes

Are they living alone?

Some get lighter and darker, there was a few on Instagram recently with it actually, but yeah more a case of growing up and pairing them to see if anything. But could be markings.

2 Likes

I have housed it alone since it hatched. It was pretty weak when it hatched so i have always kept an extra eye on it.
I am definitely going to keep it and pair it in the future, but I’m not sure to what.

1 Like