What morph is my corn snake?

Hello I got this corn snake as normal het palmetto but his colors don’t seem to match a normal. Does anyone know what else he could be or if he is just a normal?

6 Likes

Het palmettos will have a hypo like appearance and he’s likely a masque as well. Can you take some more pictures in natural lighting too?

3 Likes

Thank you. I will have to do that tomorrow it is already dark but I can totally do that.

3 Likes

I think a normal but he is pretty

1 Like

Sorry it took me so long but here is a photo of him outside

4 Likes

Looks like het palmetto, possibly diffused as well.

2 Likes

How do you tell the difference between the diffused and masque? I have looking into them but I just don’t understand what the main distinction is.

2 Likes

There are some belly checkers if you look closely, so that rules out diffused.

1 Like

Masque gives that ‘bald’ head pattern and makes the belly checkers be split (pushed to the edges of the belly, unlike normal checkers that look sort of like piano keys). Diffused wipes out the belly checkers completely and also smudges up the lateral pattern (literally diffuses it, hence the name diffused). There are varying levels of expression, so sometimes a snake might genetically be diffused but not have very good lateral diffusion. Let me know if you need any more clarification! :grin:

2 Likes

Okay that’s makes more sense, thank you.

3 Likes