What morph is my crestie?

Oh thats funny :grinning:

1 Like

In the future, be aware that purchasing pets from sources that don’t properly care for them is only going to give the irresponsible seller a financial reason to do it again. If they made a profit off of one gecko kept poorly, then they will order more from their wholesaler that will just take its place, ultimately resulting in more geckos being kept and sold by irresponsible sellers.

@foxreptile any ideas on morph? @ghoulishcresties ?

A very clear pic of the side will be helpful to them.

4 Likes

You are a very good person to rescue him. Best of luck to you AND him!

:heart::frog::snake::lizard::blush:

3 Likes

Is this better?

8 Likes

Low expression tricolour pinstripe with some awesome portholes!
The cream/white should spread a bit as he/she gets older.

Lovely pinning on that one :black_heart:

6 Likes

I have to agree LOVELY pinning. I’d say ur gecko is a harlequin pinstripe, not a tricolour. But i guess it’s a difference of opinion.

As quoted in the morph/trait guide
Tricolour crested geckos show three distinct colours that are displayed on the laterals, these colours must be equally shown to qualify, this includes the base colour. White spots, portholes and quadstripes are not included as one of the distinctive colours as they are separate traits. The Dorsal is also not considered as part of the Tricolour. The Dorsal will be like a Harlequin or Extreme.

If i’m correct 95F should be 29c. If so & as long as temps don’t go above 29c & not constant. Then the heat is okay (dependant on what & where it was). Also humidity should be around 90%.

Yes I agree the insects shouldn’t be in there, I have seen a few shops do the same & i WILL NOT buy a pet if it is not being cared for properly. Including them leaving insects in. It’s hard to walk away, but I agree with @mblaney . It’s just too higher of a risk on more reptiles.

Anyways, your gecko is gorgeous & appears healthy. Hope u enjoy ur new friend. I want to add (despite my reasoning against purchasing badly cared for geckos) I still wish to congratulate u as ur heart was in the right place.

6 Likes

Thank you guys! I did hand feed him some Pangea this morning and he absolutely loved it. The girl at the pet store said they dont feed their geckos anything but crickets so I’m assuming he’s never had it before.

I’ve got him at a steady 77°F currently and between 60-70% humidity. It seems like everyone tells me cresties are fine at room temp and lower humidity but he seems to be comfortable with hot and wet.

Has anyone ever brought their pet reptiles into the shower with them? Ive done it with everyond of mine over the years, i feel like its a great bonding experience lol

3 Likes

Haha never done that.

I only let my cresties humidity go down to 60% when I’m doing a drying out period. They usually sit between 70-90%.

I guess room temperature is okay, depending on where you live. But that has too many variables involved. Plus okay doesn’t mean happy!

1 Like

Exactly! I like to weigh more on the safe side anyways and being native to a tropical island, I’d rather keep him warmer than colder. But the thermometer in his enclosure at the pet store read 93 and i didnt really feel good about that

2 Likes

Here is a picture of him fired up

4 Likes

So cute, unfortunately I’d need a side pic to tell if tricolour or not.

1 Like

2 Likes

Thx, it’s tough. For me… If class it as a harlequin not a tricolour as it wud need 2 be coverage of all 3 colours like these as eg.

Tricolour might spread with age but still shud be clear, these r old pics of my geckos that I estimate 2 b about the same size as Ur gecko just for comparison, they r grown ups now.

2 Likes

Do you have puctures of them as adults? Id love to get an idea what he’ll look like fully grown!

2 Likes

Absolutely, I love taking pics of geckos

3 Likes

Wow they’re beautiful!

4 Likes

I’m sure each of your little cresties are very precious :grinning: That’s a nice collection you have there! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thx I love all my geckos. Probably not the best pics but is the best to show of the tricolour trait

2 Likes

My little boy is also a tri-colour. He’s really nice but is small for his age. I have like 6 different flavors of food for him, that way he eats as much as he should :grinning: Picky gecko :joy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Haha I’ve had some fussy geckos One of which took over a year to eat sufficiently and took even longer to eat insects .

I like to collect the flavours though I mix mine together

2 Likes