What New Invertebrates Have You Bought Recently?

Thought that I would start a thread over on the Invert category!

Coming in the mail tomorrow!! Avicularia avicularia female!
20221109151944.368-download3-710x600c-1

11 Likes

I also have a little girl coming in the mail tomorrow!

Phidippus regius

10 Likes

Here is my new little jumper girl Miss Holiday! She is busy with her “web in progress”!

8 Likes

@spottedbull I am getting the spider fever now. What are a couple of little spiders that don’t take up too much room and are hardy? If I am veering off thread course please do say so……. :spider::wink::pray:. Thank you!

4 Likes

One Ive been thinking about is the Cyriocosmus elegans or Trinidad Dwarf Tiger Tarantula. And the Hapalopus formosus or Pumpkin Patch is as well.Neoholothele incei (Trinidad Olive Tarantula) is a good one. The problem with dwarf species is they are usually really fast, really shy and bolty, and you don’t see them very often.

If you want a medium size spider that you can get as a sling that grows REALLY slow, any of the Brachypelma species and most of the Aphonopelma species.

4 Likes

(MM literally wouldn’t let me post a reply that wasn’t a complete sentence so I had to include this, when my main sentiment was simply: )

T O E S

4 Likes

Yes, the 10 character minimum kills me sometimes.

5 Likes

Ok great! I will check the mediums that you mentioned! Thank you! Spiders are growing on me! :spider::spider::spider::spider::spider:

4 Likes

Some nightcrawlers gonna start a colony as a school project no pictures as of yet still gotta build it

5 Likes

@bennyandjammy that sounds like a cool project! I know I’ve fished with them enough in my life!

3 Likes

OK here is her new home. I don’t normally do real plants in the T houses but thought I’d try it this time and see how it does.

9 Likes

Imho I think a little natural greenery never hurts! Is the “T” in there yet? I don’t see it. :spider::sunglasses::blush:

4 Likes

No I hadnt put her in there yet. Once I did she immediately ran down behind the cork bark.

5 Likes

Aaawwwww! She was scared! I’m glad I got a jumper first because I am getting accustomed to having a spider albeit a small one, in my room!

You’ve got a nice enclosure going there! :spider:

5 Likes

Well i have my jumper now! She’s so cute and i’ve just been watching her explore her new home. She still needs a name so i’m open to suggestions!

ignore all my stuffed animals lol. i love them a lot and am a bit addicted

6 Likes

Oh my goodness she is so cute! I am just in love with these guys! Where did you get her house? :sunglasses::heart::spider:

4 Likes

I actually saw it in a youtube video and decided to get it. It’s a Betazooer 4”x4”x8” enclosure. I really like it and it was really easy to set up.

I am as well! I’m so excited to get a male and breed them. I’m of course gonna wait until i get this girl going pretty good just to be sure i can care for them well before i get another lol. I’m so scared to do something wrong and have something happen to her. For now though she’s just chilling in her enclosure with some fruit flies and a tiny dubia roach in her food dish :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very very cool! I bought one awhile back that was supposedly captive bred. Had her home about 30 minutes before she spun a web and an hour til the egg sack.

4 Likes

My little girl is all over her house webbing places. She rejected a small cricket but eats meal worms. She had dragged one up the side of her house and evidently gutted it!

Good luck with your breeding plans! :spider::+1::heart::sunglasses::blush:

4 Likes

And thank you for the info on her enclosure! :+1:

5 Likes