What new reptiles have you bought recently? 2.0

Welcome to the House Snake club! What a lovely little one; beautiful head stripes.

5 Likes

Freshly shed !

18 Likes

Thanks, he should be here tomorrow, I can hardly wait.

2 Likes

I’m not purchasing him but this guy will be going to my male breeder rotation full time soon. Super excited to have a visual clown again male pastel yellowbelly clown! He is going to my clown project lol other clown males I have are pastel spark het clown, pastel Joppa possible het cryptic, and super pastel pinstripe red gene ringer gene possible het clown and hypo. Clown project should start producing interesting results hopefully soon lol

19 Likes

God, this snake makes me nervous xD. You know the old “red touches yellow” rule. Who thought to breed the black out? XD

1 Like

It is more of a cream than yellow lol.

3 Likes

This one hasn’t been delivered, not til next week, but I’m super excited about getting it!

24 Likes

I happen to have a baby from this same breeder and I can say you will not be disappointed. Mine is a half-sibling (different mothers). He produces beautiful babies and very calm too. Old picture but she will be 1yr on 6/23.

15 Likes

Shes a beauty! Thanks for the good words. Very reassuring!

2 Likes

Picked up these two additions to my Strawberry projects in April from VMS. The Strawberry Amel boy still likes imitating a submarine in his water jar. He’s still a bit skittish. The Strawberry Bloodred is female. She wasn’t too sure about me at first but she’s become cool about handling. I name my visual Strawberries for varieties of strawberry plants. His name is Chandler, known to be healthy and prolific in the South. I’m surely hoping for that. She’s Annelie, chosen by my husband “because that’s a pretty name for a pretty girl.” :smile:

19 Likes

I like these! Do you work with any of the blood red pied sided?

2 Likes

I love that name! He is so right too, she is beautiful and the name matches!

1 Like

Thanks, guys. I think they’re pretty adorable.

I have a few Diffused corns, and a few projects growing up. I haven’t actually gotten into the pied sided, although they’re pretty darn cool. I have a rather unique Upper Keys Diffused Caramel sire (Artephius) whose look does pass on to offspring. I’m working with him and a daughter (not breeding to each other) on that end of my projects. I’ve got Lavender, Strawberry and Peach youngsters homo or het for Diffusion who are going to be important in future projects. I wouldn’t say no to the right pied sided snake. Just not working specifying with that gene. :wink:

Riley, Dan appreciates the support. :smiley: He usually leaves naming to me, but he really wanted to name Annelie.

2 Likes

My who knows ( snow? ) coastal Rosy boa. I really am inexperienced with snakes and even less so with knowing morphs or genes. I find him to be beautiful :heart: :snake:

16 Likes

I couldn’t resist my beautiful sweet boy. As i opened my tub to check on him, he really wanted to look about so i held him for just a short bit. I normally leave him be when i do my checks on him. He is still a bit skittish but he definitely crawled to me, hopefully thats a good sign he likes me. Of course he also could just be doing what snakes do :snake: :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Well if all goes well might end up with some leopard Mojave gold blushes

Locked with our leopard

11 Likes

I bought a pair of her albino house snakes and male albino house snake and a normal scaleless corn male which I couldn’t turn down for the price I was given it for.

12 Likes

My dad decided that he was going to pay for all of my snake Polaris’ vet bills after I put in a lot of effort to raise some money. He told me to keep my money and use it for what I wanted, so I decided to get a little het whitesided female black ratsnake because I never plan to breed Polaris now. She has been sick for too long and is also nearly blind in both eyes due to cataracts, and I just think it would be unfair honestly.

I have been waiting for a month or so now for the snake in question, as the breeder had some serious health problems and the weather has also been preventing shipping. The breeder contacted me via a phone call yesterday and felt horrible for making me wait, so he upgraded my female het whitesided to a beautiful visual female. He also threw in a het whitesided male so I still get a black snake like I wanted. He even offered giving me the het male and female along with the visual. I don’t have room for 3 so I settled with the pair. Long story short, good things come to those who wait. That and the breeder is a wonderful person.

Edit: forgot to mention he also offered me a Mexican black kingsnake after we realized the original female I had wanted had accidentally been switched with another and sold (they all look nearly the same so I don’t blame anyone). Basically he went above and beyond to make me happy. He even said if I don’t like either of my snakes in person he will cover the return shipping and refund me in full. I don’t plan on doing that as I am more than happy already.

I will be posting pictures of the babies when they arrive in the morning, along with their names. I won’t be sleeping because my anxiety will never let me.

Here are their pictures. The female is 18g and the male is 12g. So tiny and calm. The female is Calypso and the male is Deimos. Both named after moons, because space theme.

16 Likes

They just ate their first meals with me today. They are too small for me to wait as long as I usually would, but they didn’t hesitate to consume the f/t pinkies. I can’t wait until they shed with me.

7 Likes

Newest addition, 1.0 cinnamon 100% het sunset fresh out the box from Kinova

19 Likes