What new reptiles have you bought recently? 2.0

I’m counting the days until this little girl is in my hands. Breeder and I had a hold agreement over the winter because of weather. She’ll be here in a couple of weeks now.

HI OD fire enchi cinnamon Mojave pos het Orange Ghost

10 Likes

She is HOT! That’s all there is to say! Congratulations! :star_struck::sunglasses:

3 Likes

@caron

You must have missed what I said above. They work great for natural pest control. I own dogs, so I don’t use poison to kill pests around my home

6 Likes

Ok thank you Tom and sorry about that! I did miss it! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

@garciademueller do you have a update for this thread yet :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Man, I wish, the dude I was negotiating with said he wanted to wait until a bit later and I haven’t heard from him, so I think the deal kinda fell through. I’ll have to negotiate with someone else, I just haven’t gotten around to it.

2 Likes

As an update…Miss Piggy ate yesterday for the first time with me. After everything, it ended up that she likes sardines :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

Hoooooray!!! :tada::partying_face: Very glad to hear that Miss Piggy finally decided to get with the program. I’m sure it’s a huge relief for you.

3 Likes

I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve recently acquired an Australian Water Dragon! This acquisition fills me with excitement, as I have long admired these majestic creatures from my days watching Steve Irwin’s captivating wildlife adventures. Observing them as a backdrop in his shots always fascinated me. In honor of the legendary Steve Irwin, I’ve decided to name my new companion ‘Irwin.’ Here’s to embarking on an adventure reminiscent of the one paved by the unforgettable wildlife icon.

9 Likes

Let’s just say someone had a fish feast :joy::rofl::joy:

9 Likes

Hey @lumpy, have you experimented at all with scenting juices for your hognose? Or is that what you did this time?

2 Likes

I tried everything that I could think of. I even caught both a wild tree frog and a wild toad and tried to scent with those. Don @ballornothing has been helping me try to go through all the things that I could do to make her eat. I tried flash boiling, I tried braining, I tried rat tails, all the sense that I could think of. And right now she only has taken pieces of actual sardines in water. And she took an immediately, like an a lot of it, too.

3 Likes

I have yet to work with hognose personally, but part of my research into them led me to things like this. Scenting – Reptilinks I know there’s other sources for these as well, but this seems to be the widest variety I’ve seen for different types of scenting juices. There’s a fish one, too! If you end up using any of these, let me know how they work!

3 Likes

Honestly, I’m going to try to wean her off of the sardine to sardine scented and then to unscented frozen thawed pinkies.

2 Likes

My friends and I have had underwhelming results from most reptilinks products. Some hognose will take the sausages just fine, most never come around. The scents have yet to work for me on anything. I’ve tried a couple different ones.

5 Likes

Yep ditto for me on the reptilinks AND the scent. Total waste of money!

6 Likes

Here is my favorite new reptile!

6 Likes

AN EXCELLENT LITTLE DINOSAUR

AHG I’m so jealous! It’s gonna be so long before I can have chickens…or add to this thread at all :sob: :sob:

3 Likes

Miss Piggy is looking good with some food in her belly!

10 Likes

What a beauty! I love the way the colors change along the snake’s body. How old is she?

2 Likes